Help with Blender

Sophia Trefusis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4494 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I managed to rig some mesh skirts in Blender 2.49b and then I used the Collada exporter and it worked like a charm.

Today I decided to make a bodice to got with the skirt,and made them into one mesh. I imported the obj. and rigged it to the armature and pressed the Make Real button.Same as with the skirts I had done before but now....

Now all the Collada Exporter does is freeze and when I check the models in the upload Model preview it say something like "model lacked subset.." or "issue with dae parsing"

Im using the avatar.blend

Anyone know what might be going on? Should I uninstall and reinstall Blender/Python/Collada script or what? Im a real newbie at this so I dont know what it could be.

Please help :/

I don't know enough about rigging, but here are a couple of things to check.

First, I would turn off the use of SLM files, as these can lead to this sort of problem. To do this, from the Advanced menu, click Show Debug Settings; in the dialog that appears, start typing MeshImportUseSLM; when the whole word shows up, you should see TRUE and FALSE radiobuttons; select FALSE, then close the dialog. Thius is the setting that controls the use of the slm files. It is sticky, so will stay the way you set it until you change it back or install a new viewer.

Second: right now there are two requirements for the materials used in your LOD (level of detail) meshes; they must all have the same number of materials 9texturable faces inworld), and the names, if they exist, of the materials in the lower LOD meshes must be a subset of those in the highest LOD. As long as both are active (which seems to be a bug) it means all the LOD meshes must have the same set of materials. When the subset condition is not met, you get an error message that says something about subsets, which may be the one you saw. The parsing error message may be something different.

The slm file tries to fill in the upload dialog with parameters from last time you used the same high LOD file. If you add something with a new material but keep the same filename, that could cause this type of material matching error. That's why I suggest trying turning off the slm mechanism.

Did you try using Blender 2.61 to export?  I'm pretty sure the collada exporter was updated for 2.6 and maybe that will solve your problem.  I dont work on avatars, so not much I can help there.

Also, for your LODs, are you placing them all on seperate layers and then exporting?  Because this always give me an error upon uploading to SL.  I have to save the original as a seperate file then work on it seperatly for my second LOD.  Save that twice (one for LOD 3) open up my LOD 3 file and work on that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4494 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.