Do you have a Second Life app I can download to my new Android tablet?

PrettyDandelion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

19 answers to this question

Take a look at this page: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

The Mobile Grid Client is Android-compatible, but you will not be able to see the world, only chat with friends. In my opinion, it's not really worth it; might as well just download Yahoo Messenger, really, but if you want to chat with your inworld friends and can't get their IM addresses, it might work for you.

While I'm sure you can trust Mobile Grid Client, all that its inclusion in the TPV List in the wiki means is that the developers have provided their contact details to LL, assured LL that it's ToS-compliant, and that LL have no reason to disbelieve their assurances. Emerald was in the TPV list until it wasn't, remember.

Lumiya is no longer listed on the Third Party Viewer page that lists viewers that comply with LL's TPV policy, and it's no longer available in the Google Play store.  I used to use it, and it was a great app, but given these two strikes against it, I would be very reluctant to use it again.

Besides Mobile Grid Client, there is a subscription-based service called Bright Canopy that you might look into.

• Sad 1

On 8/18/2018 at 9:20 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

Lumiya is no longer listed on the Third Party Viewer page that lists viewers that comply with LL's TPV policy, and it's no longer available in the Google Play store.  I used to use it, and it was a great app, but given these two strikes against it, I would be very reluctant to use it again.

Besides Mobile Grid Client, there is a subscription-based service called Bright Canopy that you might look into.

I just checked in the Playstore, Lumiya IS available.

Yes, you have to pay for it, but it DOES work.

I've used it for many years, for a phone client, it is fairly good.

Edited by MartinLockeed

Which is exactly why I no longer use TPV's.........none of them. Plus, I'm especially hesitant of any viewer developer than includes many of the people responsible for Emerald turning out to be such a mess. All the blame was placed on a small group in the Emerald team..........but, my Momma, always told me it takes two to tango. At best it was an internal fued that seeped over to the viewer.........professionals never allow such things to fester to that point.

All TPV's could vanish tomorrow and I'd not shed a tear...........I might even smile.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.