I want to make or buy a notice bot (w/o comission) I don't know what is required to do this?

shedevil Daysleeper

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I want to make or buy a notice bot that dosen't require comission for use. I don't know what is required to do this. on Market Place you can find alot of machines for $0 but pays the origionator $75 a week or whatever they want to charge for this service. If it is just the machine I would rather pay a few thousand for it than a comission but like I said I don't know whats involved. There is something spoken of it using a server? I am a simple person and doesn't understand a whole bunch of techinical lingo, so if you could break it down to Notice Bot for Dummies edition that would be great lol.

Thank you so much,

Shedevil Daysleeper

2 answers to this question

A bot is simply an avatar under progammatic control or in other words a scripted avatar.  They are used to do repeatative tasks that only an avatar can do.  For example, a greeter is a scripted object that senses when someone is near and sends them a greeting.  An object can do that because it can "talk" in local chat.  However sending a group notice cannot be done by a scripted object. It requires an avatar that is in the group with permissions to send notices.  

So if you are skilled enough to write a script to send a notice, all you need to do is log an alt account inworld, sit them down someplace and have the script make them send out notices.  The challenge there is that by using a full graphics viewer to perform a basic task that is textual in nature, you are wasting alot of bandwidth and graphic card cycles.   So most bot software also acts as a text only viewer where you can log in your alt, put them in a safe spot and have them send out notices without consuming alot of your Internet bandwidth.  And it can be run on a computer without any graphics horsepower.

--Cinn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.