Invisible parts when uploading mesh

Pushit1488312089

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2985 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I get help all the time from this forum so I wanted to share this little "discovery".

I had this mesh that looked good in blender but whenever I tried to upload it to SL some parts where invisible.

It wasn´t either a normals nor a skin weight problem. Actually if I separated the mesh into little pìeces the problem solved (but of course I needed the mesh in one part).

If you ever have that problem select the mesh, export it as .ply and re import it. Now when you export it as .dae SL will show it just fine

Just remember to do this before the weight skin step, since that data will be lost.

I hope someone can use this information (probably someone have a better solution and I wouldn´t mind to read it :)

Cheers.

• 4 years later...

Pu**bleep** wrote:

If you ever have that problem select the mesh, export it as .ply and re import it. Now when you export it as .dae SL will show it just fine

Now it would be even cooler if we could get this blend file for inspection. Then we can hopefully see why the collada exporter messed this up befoire you did this little trick.

Here you can submit a report:

https://developer.blender.org/differential/diff/create/

Add "Collada" into the report title then it will be processed faster :)

thanks a lot :matte-motes-sunglasses-1:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2985 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.