LAQ skin question

Raven1 Short

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know a lot of ladies here like the LAQ skin. I've tried some demos and found one I really like. My question is...does the skin on the body look better when you actually purchase it? The skin on the face of the demo looks great (aside from the word "demo" on it) but the body skin doesn't seem as nice. Kind of a lot of gray shading.

Will the purchased skin look as good all over as the face does?

That's quite a lot of money to spend so I want to be sure it all will look nice.

Hi Raven. The way a skin will look on you depends very much on the shape your are wearing. Some beautiful skins will be disappointing on one shape and look great on another one. I am not very familiar with LAQ but there is no reason why the "final" skin would look any different (either better or worse) than the demo (other than the "demo" word as you mentioned it).

If you are not happy with the body part of the skin, maybe you should also try some of LAQ's shapes until you find the perfect match, which is not necessarily what is promoted on the ad in the store. There's no other way to achieve this than spending quite a lot of time trying demos without wasting your money. Actually, it's not only a lot of time, it's also a lot of fun! Good luck in your search, I look forward to seeing the result in the Vanity Thread! :smileywink::smileyhappy:

Hi Raven, I primarily wear LAQ and have never noticed a different type of shading on the body v. the face...What you see on the demo is what you'll get, I'm afraid.  They are a lot of money, so be very sure if you are going to be totally satisfied :) 

Good luck!!

LAQ makes a nice skin but there are other makers that have skins at least as good.  Personally I feel that some people buy LAQ because of the brand name and because of their gorgeous store photos that may not be what you're going to see in-world. In that price range you might want to look at Belleza, Redgrave and Curio as well. If Natural Beauty's sale is still on you can get an amazing deal on some very good skins, and Pink Fuel has great bargains if you're looking for a younger look.

Skin tones make a big difference too. Some skin makers have trouble with certain skin tones. In short, if you like how something looks on you - buy it. If you don't, look elsewhere no matter what other people are buyng.

As others have said, with demos, what you see is what you get. Never assume that something you consider unsightly on a demo isn't there on the real thing (with the exception of the "DEMO" lines). Instead, it's better to assume that what you see in the demo is exactly what you'll get when you pay for it. It usually is.

If you don't like LAQ, look around at some other places. Pink Fuel is lovely for a younger look, or there's Curio, Belleza, Dutch Touch, Rockberry (could have that name wrong, not entirely sure...), Redgrave, and many, many others to explore. Some are higher in price, some are lower. Peek around, and see what you like.

ETA: Remember that sometimes the best items are found in the least-known places. Just because it's not a Big Name doesn't mean their work isn't incredibly detailed and high-quality, and just because it is a Big Name doesn't mean their work is fantastic and gorgeous and unbeatable.

Thanks ladies for all your feed back. 

@Marianne - That's pretty much what I was seeing. 

@Val - Oh I will definitely post something when I get the time.

I went ahead and got the LAQ skin though. I tried on literally over 50 demos from various places and none of them struck me like that one.

I also tried on some of LAQ's demo shapes and didn't care for them at all to be honest. I did get a new one from Body and CO though.

Thanks for all the help!

Melita Magic wrote:

Did you get the free one in the subscrib-o? It is very nice. You can unsub again right after, if you don't want to be in the announcements group.

No I haven't yet. But I will look into it. Can't ever have enough skin options :)

So here's a snapshot of the skin I did buy:

lunapic_132519173237_1.jpg

also here is a little trick if you are having a problem finding the right tone..

shade tattoos hehehe

there is nothing worse than seeing a skin that you love but they just don't have your tone..me being dark toned have a big problem being left out of some very lovely skins..

then one day it hit me..i wonder if there are people making layers for skin shades..and sure enough hehehehe

and nippies..you can get a layer for those as well if you want..there are plenty of nippies  with tattoo or all the top layers like jacket  shirt and undershirt..

the Add feature really was one of LL's best things they have added to the bin for what we can wear now..no more having to sacrifice a tattoo because you want to wear a certain shirt or whatever hehehe

also ::FFB:: has some really nice skins as well..

i had bought a couple of LAQ skins..the only thing i really didn't like about them was ..it screamed i was wearing an LAQ skin..i looked like i was sisters with everyone wearing one hehehe they are nicely made skins thats for sure..

but  my other skins i can separate  pretty easily from someone wearing the same exact skin..i guess the features are like too strong or something for me in LAQ's ..thats just me and my quirkyness though  lol

Raven1 Short wrote:

Melita Magic wrote:

Very soft and pretty face. You will like the free one it's similar.

I did check that out and got a free one. Just haven't had a chance to check it out.

Now that I'm thinking about I do believe I've used your dressing rooms before.

/me waves

Thanks for visiting.

Ceka Cianci wrote:

also here is a little trick if you are having a problem finding the right tone..

shade tattoos hehehe

there is nothing worse than seeing a skin that you love but they just don't have your tone..me being dark toned have a big problem being left out of some very lovely skins..

then one day it hit me..i wonder if there are people making layers for skin shades..and sure enough hehehehe

and nippies..you can get a layer for those as well if you want..there are plenty of nippies  with tattoo or all the top layers like jacket  shirt and undershirt..

the Add feature really was one of LL's best things they have added to the bin for what we can wear now..no more having to sacrifice a tattoo because you want to wear a certain shirt or whatever hehehe

also ::FFB:: has some really nice skins as well..

i had bought a couple of LAQ skins..the only thing i really didn't like about them was ..it screamed i was wearing an LAQ skin..i looked like i was sisters with everyone wearing one hehehe they are nicely made skins thats for sure..

but  my other skins i can separate  pretty easily from someone wearing the same exact skin..i guess the features are like too strong or something for me in LAQ's ..thats just me and my quirkyness though  lol

This shade I got is a bit lighter than what I'd normally want. I like a bit of a tan look.  Not real fond of the really pale ones. But it's peach so it does have a nice color. Too many times if I try darker it's too orange.

I'm pretty quirky too with what I pick. I have to look and look until I'm happy.

The piercings aren't part of the freebie skin in case anyone was unsure.

BTW they usually pull the holiday skin after new year's, and I don't know that Laq has a free skin any other time of year.

Another nice skin this time of year is the Belleza holiday gift (for men or women) although that group is 250L to join. But you do get other free skins during the year once you have joined.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.