Help! My avatar is unable to cross boundary or property lines without freezing & becoming unstable.

Royinator

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello. I'm hoping I can get some help with a recurring avatar issue. Every time I walk or fly my avatar across any property or boundary lines it totally freezes up and becomes totally unresponsive and unstable. Sometimes it will even take off running or flying toward a point in the far distance before it stops. My RL partner is also a resident here in SL and is not experiencing any of the trouble with his avatar that I am with mine. The same thing happens with my avatar if I cross any property or boundary line in a boat, vehicle or flying machine. Is there anything I can do to keep this from happening? Please help! Thanks! Royinator resident.    

1 answer to this question

Everytime you cross a sim border, the sim you are entering has to assume responsibility for your avatar.  If it cannot process your avatar info in a timely manner, then things like wandering off uncontrolled across the sim happen.

That's the effect.  Without knowing all about your computer, connection, viewer, viewer settings etc., it is hard to identify the exact cause.  But here are some possiblities:

1. Your avatar contains too much information. Too many attachments with scripts. 
  2. Your avatar information is not being sent fast enough. Too little computer memory.  Too many other things running on your system.
  3. Your avatar information is getting lost in transit.  Bad network connection with high packet loss.  Perhaps using a wireless connection.  Poor Internet connection or one that gets high traffic that interferes with yours.

Using your viewers Statistics page (Ctrl-Shift 1) will give you some clues that might help point to a solution.  Lowering your max bandwidth in Preference could also help.  And then reducing your scripted attachments could also help cure the problem.

--Cinn

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.