Somehow wearing my entire inventory and crashes on log in what should I do? Character Test no work.

AceFlyBye Perse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Last night I crashed and when I log back in I am wearing my entire inventory. I get all kinds of error messages about failed rezzing and can't attach to invalid attachment point. When I go to try and take everything off I crash and next time I log back in its all on there. I have cleared cache. Tried a different viewer. Tried a different computer. Tried a character test. I have tried one by one detaching it all. I have tried logging into beta grid then into regular grid. None of that worked and I'm still logging in with my entire inventory attached to me. I have also moved regions and am in an empty Sim. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Edit: Ok so I have tried clearing cache then waiting for my inventory to fully load. After it was fully loaded I went to take everything off the whole browser froze and crashed and back to the same issue. I also am having an issue with the character test. I'm not even able to do it anymore without the browser crashing. Also it might not be my whole inventory but it is stuff I have never even worn before. LIke furnture and boxes and large prims and skye boxes and houses and stuff that are all attaching to me. It is also different stuff everytime I log in.

Edit 2: I also tried replacing the whole outfit after the inventory fully loaded and that also didn't fix it. I have sent in a ticket to LL but they wont help me or do anything without being a premium account so I'm trying everything I can to fix it before becoming a premium account becasue i would only be a premium account to fix this issue.

12 answers to this question

A couple of things that may help.

1. If you have RLV, turn it off.

2. When you do a character test, log out when in your default avi and then log back in on your default avi.  Then try to redress your avi.

3. Clear all of your caches both network and inventory.

4. Uninstall SL and reinstall it making sure you remove all of your applications, not just the one you are currently using.

• Like 1

Welcome to Second Life Answers, AceFlyBye

I very much doubt that you are wearing your entire inventory. Rather, I believe your inventory has failed to fully load, and you've got various bits of different outfits adorning your avatar.

Trying a different viewer is actually going to exacerbate this problem also.

You need to start again.   Pull up your viewer screen and clear your cache the usual way, log out, and wait for ten minutes.  Log back in again to an empty sim.  Furball, Chalvez, Itress, all good sims for this purpose.  Open your inventory window and again just wait.  Do nothing else, walk away from your computer for a few minutes, make a hot drink.  It can take 10-30 minutes for your inventory to fully load. 

Only when your inventory has fully loaded should you attempt to replace your current mish mash of an outfit with the one you would prefer to be wearing.

Stay patient. This is a common problem.  And please update your original post by clicking on "options" on top right hand corner to "edit".

Good luck !

• Like 3

This is a part of the viewer with shich I have not experiemented. So, I am guessing...

I know the avatar appearance is stored with the individual avatar. The viewer cache is generalized and used for all avatars using the computer. So, clearing the main cache is going to have little effect on your avatar in regard to attachments.

I looked in C:\User\[win_login_id]\AppsData\Roaming\SecondLife\[avatar_name]\, which is where avatar specific files are kept. There is no file containing a list of your attachments there.

Doing searches for changed files in the Program Files\SecondLife after changing appearance, I can't find any changed files. So, the appearance file is definetly kept on the SL Servers. If your appearance is borked, you will likely need to call SL Support. In which case you need to be using the SL Viewer. They won't be helpful if you have the problem in any other viewer.

I've seen similar appearance problems in OSGrid. There we have to ask the DB Mgr to reset our avatar.

You might coax the database into correcting it self by repeatedly changing to the Test Avatar. I would try changing my active group then select a test avatar and wait a full minute before logoff. Login and repeat. The group change is important. I know it sounds unrelated. But, do it.

Avoid clearning your main cache. That is likely to just complicate things and your av attachments list is not cached there AFAIK.

• Like 1

This happened to me last weekend. I've never seen anything like it. I was suddenly wearing things I didn't even know I had in inventory. I had error messages flashing across the screen... I was panicked because I was in the middle of a busy store. It was spectacular.

Events leading up to this: I was in the store to pick out a new shape. At one point I was distracted and accidentally wore the FOLDER instead of the shape. So there I was in a busy store naked and feeling like a complete noob. That was fun. No problem. Outfit folders have made mistakes like this much quicker to fix than they used to be. I went to my outfits folder and picked one of my outfits and dragged it onto me. Nothing happened except a bakefail. So now I was a naked blur. Even better. I tried rebake to no avail but the last couple weeks I've had a number of times where dragging an outfit folder onto my avatar has taken ages to load. After several minutes I was a colorful blur and rebake was not solving my issues so I relogged. Generally, after a relog, my outfit will load and I can continue on with my virtual life.This time was special. Upon relog was when I discovered that my entire inventory was attempting to attach itself to my avatar.

At first I tried detaching objects. Every time I would detach an object a new one would appear. Best I could tell, whatever happened was maxing out my attach points and whenever I would detach an object a new one would appear. (Detach the boat and here comes a spaceship!) Eventually I gave up and just character tested. After character testing I repeated my attempt to drag an outfit folder onto my avatar. This time I was successful and continued shopping for shapes like nothing ever happened.

In my case, the character test was successful... I know you said you tried this but there may be a few key differences in our cases. First, since I had tried a few things before character testing, my inventory had been given a chance to fully load. That may be one part of the problem. I know that the sight of strange and potentially embarrassing objects attaching en mass to your avatar tends to induce panic... But try to stay calm and be patient. Even though we are able to move around immediately after login, there are often still other processes taking awhile longer to load. Let those happen. Second, when I did my character test, I was sure to give the new avatar plenty of time to load before attempting to wear my outfit folder. I know of a few times where I was moving too quickly and my character test did no good because the new avatar had not loaded before I tried to change back.

If a cache clear and character test do not work then your only choice may be to file a ticket. LL should still be answering those, even for non-premium members... Though it may take awhile to get a response. Good luck!

I have that exact problem right now... and it is my ENTIRE inventory... everything.  Houses, items,boxes, avs ao's 150000 items.  all on me.  nothing help, I have loaded 3 different viewers...SL (that is where it started) Imprudence and now Pheonix.  I have cleared my cache, cleared my history.  set all my debug settings to default... nothing has worked. I am now taking off all 15000 items one at a time... sigh

I am having the same problem. my only problem is that i am unable to login at all. it shouws the loading screen but once the bar fillsit crashes. i am unable to see my av or the sl world. i cant to a character test because i can't get past login screen. what do i do? is there a way for me to fix this?

Hello, LJPearl101

You may well have similar symptoms, but I'd hazard a guess that you need to ensure you have the latest drivers installed for your graphics card. If this does not work for you, then please start a brand new thread, and include in that thread your full computer specifications.

I fixed it :) i am using linux so it runs on the terminal and i think maybe didn't have enough memory when all my clothes were loading, so i got my fathers windows laptop, installed sl and when i ran it i did a character test and it worked! so i removed all my clothing and then relogged back on my laptop and all is good :) yay

the same is happening to me right now ...

i cant do anything because i have no time to using any options crashing 3 seconds after the login, my avi without any reasons started wearing all my inventory, including houses, cars, big prims etc, objects that clearly are not part of any of my outfits, i was just editing a object on floor when it start happening, i was using the Firestorm Viewer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.