ELITE 3000 SL Machinima: Simboarding in Second Life

Elite Runner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Video Description:

Just before Christmas, Super Ryan R. Elite (elite.runner/Elite Runner)/Second Life from the ELITE 3000 Second Life Unit got a Vetox FS simboard and simboard at the ELITE 3000 Second Life Complex. Then onwards to Christmas, Super Ryan R. Elite (elite.runner/Elite Runner)/Second Life decides to skin it so he told the ELITE 3000 crew to skin it along with the template and ELITE 3000 Enterprises Productions Limited Inc Intradimensional skinned it with the ELITE 3000 logo, zigzags and stripes. Super Ryan R. Elite (elite.runner/Elite Runner)/Second Life then slapped it on and on Christmas evening, Super Ryan R. Elite (elite.runner/Elite Runner)/Second Life simboard at Tron: Legacy Adventures, avoiding the Glitch Bugs and flew into the End of Line club in which nobody was there at that time. He also simboard at Tron: Evolution Waltons Grid, Amber Raceway, Torley region and the ELITE 3000 Second Life Complex. The simboard Super Ryan R. Elite (elite.runner/Elite Runner)/Second Life rode on is the Vetox FS simboard. While simboarding, Super Ryan R. Elite (elite.runner/Elite Runner)/Second Life always wears his helmet and his pads. Once done, Super Ryan R. Elite (elite.runner/Elite Runner)/Second Life wears it on his back, then once ready, Super Ryan R. Elite (elite.runner/Elite Runner)/Second Life drops his simboard and hop on to ride again.

Full video description at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwN-YPiW2AE under the video.

Wow, that's so cool Ryan! I would totally love a simboard, it looks like so much fun!

I must say, I really like how you have improved the intro of your video, it is more concise and lacking of beeps. I also like how you have arranged your on screen windows, a lot less clutter and more visual space.

Great job! It looks like you are having fun and staying safe!

Well, actually, it is a bit more than just a screen recording. It has an intro and it shows that passion and effort was put into its development. His work is much like the very early machinima, from what I have read. Basically, it was recorded gameplay with an intro, check out the section Precedent in this Wikipedia article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machinima#Precedent

Also, much SL machinima out there consists of just a screen recording usually set to music. It's kinda like a home movie vs Hollywood productions at times, some machinima is really cool to the person making it and some of it is really cool to a lot of other persons as well. Is it machinima though? Well, if we use the Wikipedia definition of machinima, 'the use of real-time 3D computer graphics rendering engines to create a cinematic production,' then we must ask, what is a cinematic production?

This article, http://ifsstech.wordpress.com/2009/09/05/a-definition-of-cinema/, defines cinema as ‘the art of the moving image’.

So, at its heart, machinima is basically a screen recording made to show to others. Its quality however, like all art, is up to taste and perception, discussion and debate.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.