Photography in Firestorm compared to SL Viewer

Karma Avedon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4454 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First, this is not meant asa crticism of any viewer. I am not one who thinks any one viewer should do all things. However. I have noticed that most experienced photgrpahers in SL use  the SL viewer, or used Kirstins untill it ceased production. I don't come across many that use Firestorm.

Also, in my own experience, I have found a photo take in Firestorm simply does not have the clean lines and crispness of a photo taken in the Sl viewer, even when using the EXACT same settings on my graphics card and viewer preferences. Is this in my head? Does each viewer handle graphics differantly? Is there a step needed in Firestorm I might be missing that does not exist in the SL Viewer?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Firestorm viewer is a few releases behind viewer 3. Its not yet added FUI for instance.

Once they get in FUI, they'll probablybe able to keep pace.

At that point, this difference might go away. Or they might even go beyond v3. Some other TPVs specialize in added tools for photos. I've not tried them, but reviews of them seem impressive. Firestorm has to get FUI in there first though - and with that come an assortment of other updates that have been making SL look better and better of late.

At least that is my theory. I only used Firestorm for a very short period after getting my new iMac when SL's viewer was not supporting the new Apple OS... As soon as they patched the issue I had, I went back to V3 - which has a UI more to my liking. BUT that was too long ago to actually be sure of the situation now. Its only from reading blogs that I know Firestorm is still working on FUI.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4454 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.