Firestorm Release: Zoom Limits

MasoDevotina

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't know if it's only me or if others have noticed that as well ...

I am making jewellery, and it's the nature of this objects that they are very small. To put them in Marketplace I need to make pictures of them, which was no problem at all with Firestorm Beta.

Now, with Firestorm Release I can't zoom in close enough, it is like when I am to close the camera slips through the object, it can be seen that it becomes inivisible below a certain distance to it, the closer parts disappear at first.

I can solve it by using Firestorm Beta, but I would like to know if others have noticed that as well and if they found the button in the settings I wasn't able to find (if there is one :D )

Thanks and best regards

I found the setting you mentioned already, but changing it doesn't do the trick. There are 3 checkboxes there n the Beta, but they have no influence on this.

I just continue using the Beta for pictures of very small objects, and if I happen to stumble over a solution (other than using Beta) I will post it here.

Thanks anyway :)

Keep in mind there are currently two release versions of Firestorm: 3.2.2 that is using some of the OpenGL fixes from LL's Shining project and 3.2.1 that comes without those fixes. It might be that if you are using 3.2.2 those fixes have influence on what you are trying to achive. But like I said: I can look up the changes directly in the viewer source if you tell me what settings you are exactly looking for - in case you change mind. ;)

Yes,this bug came in with the "shining-fixes" patch bundle, it happens in the LL builds too.

To reproduce, pick an object with small prims in it. Choose it in the editor, and use the H shortcut to focus on it. Then attempt to zoom in closer. The object will disappear, or you will find yourself looking inside it, long before the prim really fills up the screen. The clipping is borked somehow. Enabling camera constraints will stop the clippping, but also prevent zooming in as close as wanted.

mewp :)

You need to use the proper zoom when working on tiny /small objects that require you to get close, like eyelashes :)

CTRL+8 = Zoom Out

CTRL+9 = Reset

CTRL+0 = Zoom In

Repeat to keep zooming, but dont zoom in to far, maybe 6 times should be plenty, then use camera zoom and position to see what you need to see.

Okay, I tried to work with cntrl + 8, cntrl + 9 and cntrl + 0, and it worked perfectly :)

The trick is to zoom in as close as possible using the mouse to make sure to have the object centered on the screen, and then zooming closer using cntrl + 0.

Once zoomed closer with using cntrl + 0 the mouse can be used like I was used to do it in the Beta.

Thanks for that helpfull advice :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.