How can I get back my ownership of my prims?

Sophia Trefusis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Last time that happened to me, it was a texture I had uploaded and forgot to reset its permissions to full.  Never understood why uploaded textures don't automatically get full prims.  I just had to unlink the object and examine all the prims until I found it.  Then I had to reset the texture's permissions in inventory.  If you didn't use alot of textures you can probably check them all from your inventory and correct the perms.  Sorry but I don't know of a faster way to fix this one. :smileyfrustrated:

--Cinn

• Like 1

Chances are its something in the prims contents.  You will have to examine each prim to find out and deal with the content.  It could be a texture as mentioned earlier or  may be a script such as a resizer.  Be sure that the permissions on any scripts you are using but didn't write yourself are set for the permission required by the user license you have. You could also have accidental drug something you didn't' t have full perms on into the prim contents.

If its not this it is SL.  I've had this happen before and have had other creators it happens to them too.  This sometimes clears itself up in a few hours or a couple days. Its a bug.  Unfortunately if it doesn't change back to full perms after a reasonable time, there isn't much you can do about it except rebuild the object, if you don't have a full perm backup copy.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.