HeavensDew

How do I activate a group tag?

Question

I'm very confused. I've joined shop groups to use lucky chairs/boards and to get updates on their items, but when I return  to the store it says I must activate a group tag.  I've tried to rejoin the group but it won't allow me to do that.

5 answers to this question

Irene has given you the right answer, but here is a little additional information.

You may belong to up to 42 groups.  At any one time, you can have any one, or none, of these groups "active".  Active means that the group is shown in boldfface type in your groups list, and that the group tag is shown in the name balloon over your head.  Many activities, such as getting a group gift at a store or rezzing objects on group-owned land, require you to have a particular group active.

Lindal Kidd

• Some Assembly Required
  • instructed:

"Right click yourself, choose My Goups. In the new window, righ click the group and choosse Active."

My question is:

what if "Activate" isn't highlighted, thus preventing me to click it?

•  

If it is not highlighted, then the group is already active. If the tag over your head is not displaying the message that you expect, open the group profile and look at the Title: menu on the General page. You may have more than one choice for the tag message because you have more than one role in the group.