Twelve Labors

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have set myself the task of completing twelve metaphorical labors in SL, ie inworld, here in the forums, and in the feeds, as well as any other public playgrounds that Rod and the boys establish in the coming months.

While some of the tasks appear to be easy to associate with LL concepts (the slaying of the Lernaean Hydra, for example, even if might appear an impossible quest) I was hoping that the members of htis forum might be able to give me some assistance in identifying analogous undertakings. In fact, Heracles apparently did have some aid in completing some of his tasks, such as the aforementioned Hydra, so if anyone is interested in the role of Iolaus please feel free to pitch in.

If you need a reference then Wikipedia is as good a starting point as anywhere. Here is a brief summary:

1. Slay the Nemean Lion

2. Slay the Lernaean Hydra

3.  Capture the Golden Hind of Artemis

4. Capture the Erymanthian Boar

5. Clean the Augean Stables

6. Slay the Stymphalian Birds

7. Capture the Cretan Bull

8. Steal the Mares of Diomedes

9. Obtain the Girdle of Hippolyta

10. Obtain the Cattle of Geryon

11. Steal the Apples of the Hesperides

12. Capture Cerberus.

I am not worried about completing them in the original order, and may in fact set about accomplishing several of the tasks simultaneously, in different venues and by different means, perhaps disguising myself so that my efforts are more effectively achieved.

Heracles

ETA As an example, I might pursue task #9 by seducing in turn he who seduced the Queen of the Forum Amazons.

OK, I am off and running on tasks #2 and #6, and I think I am already a fair way down the track on #3, but I need some help in identifying the Erymanthian Boar of General Discussions. With Longthinker having disappeared (presumably to complete his retranslation of the Bible to his own satisfaction, rather than King James) and the Cut-And-Paste King restricting his activities to the appropriate n00b platforms I am a little at a loss to know where I should direct my golden arrows.

Any suggestions?

Heracles

Such a shame, the things that people have done to one another throughout history.

The epic saga continues to this day.

Who is the Boar?

An Individual who turns a wrathful countenance upon Second Life by sending (or being) a raging boar to lay waste to the Resident's fields or upon the seeds they sow.

The Boar may also be an individual who seeks revenge and is motivated by jealousy.

Only Mighty Men, men of old, men of reknown, have the skills needed to complete the 12 Labors.

"Men of renown" speaks of men with an enduring name. Genesis describes these people as great builders and engineers, musicians, inventers, craftsmen, ...

I hope that I have offered sound direction for your endeavors in pursuing the instruction provided in the 12 Labors. 

12 is an interesting number...maybe in another thread. (or maybe not) (freewill)

Edit: the date and time of my first post, 12-23-2011 07:41 AM

1+2+2+3+2+0+1+1 = 12

0+7+4+1 = 12

A is the 1st letter of the alphabet, and M is the 13th

13 - 1 = 12

deGebelin glances down..
deGebelin reads the Three of Swords, the Page of Pentacles, the Two of Pentacles in his three card spread...
deGebelin asks Knowl Paine to seize this moment; feel the energy; visualize the cards, and let the energy flow through his pixels...

Interpretation: 3+7+2=12

deGebelin questions himself aloud...why are there only 10 letters in Knowl Paine?
deGebelin pauses...................

deGebelin asks Knowl Paine if he is the Boar?

If

A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9

J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9

S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

Knowl = 2+5+6+5+3= 21  2+1= 3

Paine = 7+1+9+5+5= 27  2+7= 9

3+9= 12
1+2=  3

21+27= 48
4+8= 12
1+2= 3

I would be 3.

The Boar is the fourth Labor.

Your number would be 9, when following the example chart provided for entertainment.

HeraclesTheHero wrote:

I have set myself the task of completing twelve metaphorical labors in SL, ie inworld, here in the forums, and in the feeds, as well as any other public playgrounds that Rod and the boys establish in the coming months.

While some of the tasks appear to be easy to associate with LL concepts (the slaying of the Lernaean Hydra, for example, even if might appear an impossible quest) I was hoping that the members of htis forum might be able to give me some assistance in identifying analogous undertakings. In fact, Heracles apparently did have some aid in completing some of his tasks, such as the aforementioned Hydra, so if anyone is interested in the role of Iolaus please feel free to pitch in.

If you need a reference then Wikipedia is as good a starting point as anywhere. Here is a brief summary:

1. Slay the Nemean Lion

1. Derender or eject any Neko and pierce their narcisstic ego

2. Slay the Lernaean Hydra

2. Become a moderator and trackdown Pep's Thanatotic alts before he has posted 5 times.

3.  Capture the Golden Hind of Artemis

3. Seduce a LWL and then be forgiven by her Goddess

4. Capture the Erymanthian Boar

4. Get drunk with some furries and then chase a scripter around in the snow till daylight and sunshine exhaust them.

5. Clean the Augean Stables

5. Audit LL's Marketing Dep't.

6. Slay the Stymphalian Birds

6. Neglect to feed your Sion Chickens

7. Capture the Cretan Bull

7. Visit a rodeo sim or film some cretinous bull being performed at a live performance

8. Steal the Mares of Diomedes

8. Feed your now dead Sion Chickens to breedable horses and corral with a large cylinder prim

9. Obtain the Girdle of Hippolyta

9. Tell your SL girlfriend that you would like to explore cross-dressing and ask to borrow some of her Trans only clothes.  If she complains or one of your other girlfriends butts in TP them to a combat sim and kill them.

10. Obtain the Cattle of Geryon

10. Go to Zindra and buy a bordello from Geryon Resident

11. Steal the Apples of the Hesperides

11. Tough one.  Remove all free thought and knowledge from the forums so that women and men may not feel shame?

12. Capture Cerberus.

12. Obtain 3 RLV collars and hang out at.....well you can work the rest out.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.