No fly zone.

Orabelle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a feeling that  I read somewhere some viewer enables that, but I might be wrong.

As for me, if I know the sim that I'm about to tp to restricts flying and I still need to be flying, I fly before tp. lol

ETA: Oh, but beware. If the sim owner catches it and they don't like it, you might get banned.

Orabelle wrote:

Yeah, I tried that, but I stopped flying right when I arrived. I tried going to the admin menu, like I've seen mentioned, but that's grayed out, and fails if I try to request it. I'm using Phoenix Firestorm.

Ask about it in the Phoenix/Firestorm support group... they may be able to help you out with it.  But do understand that flying on a parcel who's owner doesn't want you to fly is considered rude and could very well get you kicked out.

...Dres

Orabelle wrote:

Any way to bypass these fly restrictions?

Hi, you can do this, but be aware that some land owners really mean it when they say no fly, and they could choose to eject or ban you from their land if you bypass it.

You do not need a special viewer to do this, but some of the third party viewers have a shortcut. Here is the long way that works in the official viewers.

First look in preferences, under Advanced, and make sure that "Show Advanced Manu" and "Show Develop Menu" are enabled.

Next, from the main menu, pick Advanced>Show Debug Settings. Type in AdminMenu and click the TRUE radio button. If you have trouble getting it to switch to TRUE, click FALSE instead then push the up arrow.  Then close the debug settings window. In the official viewers, this is reset on each login.

Finally, again from the main menu, pick Develop>Show Admin Menu. The no fly check is now bypassed. Do not bother with the Admin menu itself, those features won't really work unless you are a Linden.

Thanks for the help, Cerise, worked just as you said. :matte-motes-little-laugh:

To everyone else, no fly is just an inconvenience, it's much easier and faster to get around while flying. Also helps if you get stuck and the only way out is up, which is very much possible. If a sim owner does indeed have a problem, then I shall cease doing so. Perhaps I was just curious...

Peggy Paperdoll wrote:

Is it some "don't tell me what to do" thing?

Not always I think. My case was due to the parcel owners' unthoughtfulness or a wrong LM.

They had a subscribo for a private group in a skybox and I sometimes missed group notices, so I had to go there to retrieve the history, but when I tped with the LM I found in their notices, I arrived outside the skybox, hence I fell down! lol So I needed to be flying to go there.

Peggy Paperdoll wrote:

If it's a no fly parcel why do you insist on flying?  It's a choice to go to the parcel.  It's also a choice to not go.......or leave once you do go and find out you can't fly.  Why do people always want to get around rules?  Is it some "don't tell me what to do" thing?

I've wondered about that too. Our sim is no fly, as it is a combat sim and to avoid flying during fights its set to a complete no-fly zone. Also, nothing is more annoying than flying visitors when you are fighting For some reason ppl think it is cool to fly anyway, regardless of the simsettings. Odd.

All are welcome to visit us, on their feet. Walking or running :)

Then there are RP sims where the no-fly setting is for newbies/unapproved characters and characters that can't fly, and those who can fly are encouraged, or even expected, to bypass it.

I just hit ctrl alt V, as I always have. Didn't know the official viewers had removed that, yet another reason to stay away from those.

Peggy Paperdoll wrote:

If it's a no fly parcel why do you insist on flying?  It's a choice to go to the parcel.  It's also a choice to not go.......or leave once you do go and find out you can't fly.  Why do people always want to get around rules?  Is it some "don't tell me what to do" thing?

If it is a roleplay zone I wouldn't, but if it is a ginormous mall and they want you to take a half an hour to savor the realism by walking, (boomerang and lagging more like), I just say no. I fly before I go. Or I tp out and fly and go back again. Why go? Because I wanted or needed to do something there.

And normally I will avoid that place afterward.

can use the double-click teleport in big shops where is set for teleport anywhere

is quite useful when u pile into a place on top of heaps of other ppl and u all stuck

the setting is: Preferences \ Move & View \ Double click on land \ Teleport to clicked point

if the parcel landing point is set tho then u can only go there. if thats where u are already then oh well

sometimes tho the landing point is cut out parcel from rest of sim so can free dbl-click teleport jump to other parcel

16 wrote:

can use the double-click teleport in big shops where is set for teleport anywhere

is quite useful when u pile into a place on top of heaps of other ppl and u all stuck

the setting is: Preferences \ Move & View \ Double click on land \ Teleport to clicked point

if the parcel landing point is set tho then u can only go there. if thats where u are already then oh well

sometimes tho the landing point is cut out parcel from rest of sim so can free dbl-click teleport jump to other parcel

ya i love click to tp when i am shopping..

although i don't think i haave it now in the viewer i use now..it's one thing i miss and hope that the TPV's will add when they move to messing with the V3 viewers =)

dont use any tpvs much hardly ever. mostly use whatever is latest ll dev ones. just to see how they go really

i think tho was the old emerald first had the dbl-click teleport, or something like it. i think ll gom it off that. am not sure but is prob in the phoenix somewheres. should be in any of the newer 3.x.x tpvs as well

• 1 year later...

Whil I respect the ruls sim owners set, As a gryphon all no fly sims don't exsest to me. flight has beed starnder in combat sens the second grat war. I have a hared time finding avian frandley combat sims. If uou see me flying in a zombie sim I don't have the grim hude on I'me not a cheeter but I like shotinh zombies and flying whil doing it so I just leav it of to be far

• 1 year later...

Sometimes you fall in a place you can't get out of and you need to fly out. Or, as in the place i am now, they have it set up so poorly that you have to fly across a sky platform to get to the house you want to rez and look at. I keep falling and there is no way to fly back up to the platform. I don't understand what the point is for no fly places. I am the type that loves to walk and look around so flying is something I rarely do. But it is certainly nice to have that option when you need it. It seems like its always the sims I am not able to fly in that have their sims set up for so many falls.

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.