Group Notices and IMs to email failing

Snickers Snook

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a shop and it's important that I get my IMs via email. However, even when not capped, I miss 50% of them. Plus group notices almost never make it to email. It makes it really hard to keep up on things. So I started a JIRA.

Please vote for this issue. I'd like to keep a fire lit under the Lindens.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7528

Odd as I have not experience this and get all of my offline emails.  Sometimes they end up in my Junk folder but I get them all.

If these are messages specifically from the system regarding your sales, then that is another thing as I have this notification turned off. You can also use a script and just email you directly for your sales.

Edit: Firestorm and Phoenix are having issues.  You may want to check the Jira at: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7540

Oddly enough while I was on a short holiday, and unable to log in, the IM to e-mail function stopped working after about 3 days. I even had a friend send me IMs to test if I got them forwarded but no such luck. When I made it home after another 3 days I found that the option for IM to E-mail was unticked in my viewer. I don't understand how that could happen. Noone has my login and I certainly didn't change it as I am quite dependant on it.

I don't know if it is related to your problem though, but I have stopped trusting that I'm getting every IM and notice forwarded to my e-mail.

I'm thrilled that everything works fine for you. Regardless, it's a very real problem for myself and at least 10 others I know of directly. I'm just trying to raise the awareness about it so people will say "yeah that happens to me" and vote for it. I think people have become sort of numbed by the sheer number of issues in SL and they just write the problems off as "oh well".

Anyway, I suspect it has something to do with the number of group notices going out. For example, Fashion Consolidated's (FashCon) group owner has issues with the notice to email as well as queued up notices not being delivered on login. FashCon sends out LOTS of notices (probably one every 1/2 hour).  I also see the delivery of notices offline being inconsistent. Sometimes I'll get them and other times not. Although, to be honest, I also see the problem with one of the smaller groups I belong to (my Tiny Empires kingdom group).

Here's are some related JIRAs for your reading pleasure. ;)

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7540

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-2950

I fully support you Snickers (as you know). The failure of group notices was the first breakdown that I noticed. Then, more recently, I have started to experience failure of im's to my email while I am offline. I have always been able to count on im's reaching me offline (whether or not they are capping inworld). In fact, for customer service for my business, I prefered im's rather than notecards since I could basically have a converstion with someone from offline. I have never had an issue with offline communications until recently. For those of us who are Merchants, or who rely on being able to communicate even when we are offline, this is a serious bug.

I am also having bizarre instances where I am inworld, in an im conversation with a friend, and her post to me does not appear in the im window, instead it gets plucked out of the ongoing conversation and is sent to my email. No idea how or why that is happening. When I log out and then log back in, the im is then delivered as if I had been offline.

FYI edited to add - if this affects you please vote AND set the JIRA to Watch (LL regards "Watch" as the key these days) https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7528

I am having this problem and have been for awhile.  I do get most IMs via email but not all, and definitely not near the number of group notices that I should be getting. In fact now that I think about it, over the last couple of weeks the number of notices I recieve via email from some groups has dropped to almost zero. 

My partner doesn't have the problem and since we belong to some of the same groups he can forward information to me that he knows I consider important which is helpful but isn't a solution. 

Thanks for the link to the JIRA, I've voted and am watching. 

As far as the related prblem of offline IMs not being delivered upon log in, my friend was having this issue and fortunately for him blocking an object/person seems to have resolved it. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.