General ideas to make marketplac​e a better expérience​.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3193 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm sure we all have ideas of what we would like to see in marketplace, here are a few of mine.

As a marketplace seller

1) We all know marketplace has serious delivery problems, I get notes, IM and emails every week about this. I want a redelivery box, this  would be so awsome !!! a box that clients can come and click inworld to get there article redeliverd. This would only work of corse for copy/mod and copy/mod/trans objects. - Clients are satisfied - Sellers get less hastel - and it can add an extra inworld experience

2) A seach box at the top of the order list, i make about 70 sales a day and looking for a client is a nightmare.

As a maketplace buyer

1) I would love to be able to hava a favoret store list to follow my fav creators, maybe even a "whats new with your fav creators" page.

2) well this is usfull for both selles and buyers, we NEED photos on our "order history". How can we rate stuff when we can't see what it is, since the matrketplace has changed people hardly rate anymore. Also when i am looking forsomthing and can't remember the name photos are nécessary.

Oh and while I'm here : DASHBOARD

whats with the number of showing transaction history limited to 500? Not practical at all having to always export .CSV so see mounthly results.

Tiola Violet wrote:

I'm sure we all have ideas of what we would like to see in marketplace, here are a few of mine.

As a marketplace seller

1) We all know marketplace has serious delivery problems, I get notes, IM and emails every week about this. I want a redelivery box, this  would be so awsome !!! a box that clients can come and click inworld to get there article redeliverd. This would only work of corse for copy/mod and copy/mod/trans objects. - Clients are satisfied - Sellers get less hastel - and it can add an extra inworld experience

2) A seach box at the top of the order list, i make about 70 sales a day and looking for a client is a nightmare.

1- They are going to change magixbox in near future, so guessyou'll have to wait a lot to see this done  ^^'

2- To search for a customer use the other orders page. Go to Orders - Transaction history, and write customer name in the "customer" box ;-)

1- They are going to change magixbox in near future, so guessyou'll have to wait a lot to see this done  ^^'

>If they are changing it then they should plan to do this with the new one :)

2- To search for a customer use the other orders page. Go to Orders - Transaction history, and write customer name in the "customer" box ;-)

>WHERE IS THIS PAGE :YAY i found it but it, thanks for the solution that has been bugging me forever.

I only see the marketplace from the buyer point of view.  But my wishlist for it would start with a "no demos" button.  Particularly when shopping in the budget conscious price ranges, you can end up sometimes having to wade through pages of demos before actually seeing full items for sale.  Demos are cool, I often find it useful to visit the inworld shop or get a demo, but I'd prefer to not have them showing up in the search.  A "Demo version available" or "Come and see it at our inworld shop" link when a demo is available would be more useful for making purchasing decisions.

How about marketplace giftcards?  Most online shopping places have them.  Yeah, sure, you can just "pay" the person some L$, but that's not quite the same.  It could be fun, and give an extra gifting option in SL. 

Consistent packaging.  Sometimes items from the marketplace are in a box, sometimes not.  When they're in a box, it may contain a bunch of other stuff like landmarks, group invites and so on.  I realize that it's an attempt by the vendor to drum up more business from the sale, but often it's about as welcome as junk mail.   So if this consistent "from the marketplace" packaging could include a consistent notecard with any such information on it, that could be more useful.  Another possibility for this standard marketplace box would be maybe when you go to delete the box it could ask you to rate the item.  Logically, you just recieved it and looked at it or tried it right around the time you'd be getting ready to delete the box it came in.  Nothing complex, just one to five stars, and the person could still go onto the marketplace to write a review if they really loved or hated the item.  Maybe it could get more ratings for people to use for their purchasing decisions without being *too* obtrusive that way. 

Closing thought on the marketplace:  It would be nice if there was a button or link to use to flag items where the permissions of the item delivered are different from how they were advertised.  Most sellers are very good about that, but sometimes you decie to buy a specific item because you see you can modify it to fit your color tastes or maybe because you intend to give it as a gift, and then when it's delivered you find you can't.  The "buy as a gift" option just isn't the same as handing the item to the person inworld.

I like Ganelon Darkfold  ideas especialy the no demos choice and the link to rent when the box is deleated althow a standard marketplace box would have to be a choice not an obligation because it would imply way to much work for everybody. I'm sure i can find a script to do that, its a good idea.

The changes I would like to see are simple and I know doable since we did them on our direct credit card billing system.

1. A delivery validation Script - when a buyer rezes the item, it sends back a message telling you where and when they rezzed their purchase.

2. A redelivery option that allows the user to have copy objects redelivered themselves.

3. Overhaul the rating system or remove it.  It is a mess, has been mess and has almost no relevance these days other than providing another thing to be a mess.

4. And agreed, bring back the wish list.  We kept the archaic rating system but removed the wish list..Not a great idea IMHO.

As a personal request, I would like to see another category under lighting for Ceiling Fans.  And I do like the idea of being to block the freebies and 1L demos when I search.

I'd like to see:

- A way for the search to recongize words to be taken out like you can most places. For example, I dont want demos to show in my search so I should be able to put in the search box "black hair -demos".

- Now, when you search and start clicking on catagories and sub-catagories the "search in" drop down menu goes back to the default "all catagories". It would be nice to keep it in the same catagory and not be switched back.

- It would be nice to have an advanced search. Then assumingly my first 2 things would possible be fixed. The advanced search could offer things like most advance searches, i.e. include searches with these words, do not include these words, exact word or phrase, one or more of these words, etc.

- Be able to search for more then the 96 per page.

- Under the "Catagory" second on the left hand side. It would be nice to have check boxes so we could select and deselect things we want included in our search. For example: I want to serach in Womens Appearal.

Appearal > Womens >Women's

[ ] Women's Bottoms

[x] Womens Costumes

[x] Women's Dresses

[ ] Women's Footwear

[ ] Women's Intimates

Obviously, the delivery problems need to be fixed yesterday.

Otherwise, the search needs to be made much better---we need to be able to find what we are looking for faster and easier.  I buy a lot in RL from amazon.com.  They have a much larger and more complex range of merchandise than exists in SL.  Yet I can almost always quickly and easily find what I want.  LL needs to look at how amazon does it and copy it. 

Chelsea made a great point about speed and fluff on the site in this thread, so I'd have to say that's a priority: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/Oh-my-god-Marketplace-is-SLOW-today/td-p/1289775

• 0% commission. Rod said at SLCC that you guys aren't hurting for money by far as a reason why listing fees weren't being considered. Shows good faith also for a company that lost items and sales aren't charged for. System has been verified to be unreliable to date.
  • Less focus on optimizing sales and advertising. Too much clutter here, too much time and resources wasted on this as opposed to key functionality (See above). Shoppers will shop, and merchants care less about how sales are optimized and advertised as opposed to a system that works at bare minimum reliably in keeping with a site that handles commerce.. According to Rod, gross Marketplace earnings shouldn't be applicable as an issue to LL.
  • Reporting suitable for importing into spreadsheet/accounting software. Records that reconcile. Extended transaction record periods. The rest shouldn't need explaining and Jira's. Talk to any bookeeper that knows how to handle general ledger accounts.
  • Freebies and demos put into their own section and excluded from main search.
  • Delivery: yesterday as said above and hopefully Direct Delivery will include transaction receipts.

Down the road an API that works from in-world to list and sell items (although competing with independent vendor creators is a can of worms) and the web. Would be nice to be able to display products on any custom web page from the marketplace with filters that include any search, a specific shop, merchant, etc. If you feel the need to keep a commission, this is the place to do it because ...

Putting a web page together with the above API would let me set up my own pages from data in the Marketplace and earn 5% affiliate commission any sales. That's how you share the wealth and generate goodwill and create more opportunity.

I'd like to see a prominent warning sign which goes something like "WARNING! Disclaimer - Linden Lab has no responsibility for the content of the items sold by each seller on the marketplace. Please note that some people may be selling unusable, illegal and/or stolen goods. Purchase of stolen goods may lead to the termination of your account. Read More..." and clicking on it will open some kind of shopping safety tips page so that people can learn more.
That way shoppers will be more cautious about shoddy sellers and thus their shopping experience could be safer and more fun.

While I was browsing through Complete Human Male Avatars with clothing category today, I found about 50% of the listing enhancements shown up there are from copybotters. ( I counted to know 27/60 are from them)
As it stands, looks like it's perfectly ok for LL that the marketplace looks like a shady black market or something. :matte-motes-big-grin-evil:

• 0% commission. Rod said at SLCC that you guys aren't hurting for money by far as a reason why listing fees weren't being considered. Shows good faith also for a company that lost items and sales aren't charged for. System has been verified to be unreliable to date.
  • Less focus on optimizing sales and advertising. Too much clutter here, too much time and resources wasted on this as opposed to key functionality (See above). Shoppers will shop, and merchants care less about how sales are optimized and advertised as opposed to a system that works at bare minimum reliably in keeping with a site that handles commerce.. According to Rod, gross Marketplace earnings shouldn't be applicable as an issue to LL.
  • Reporting suitable for importing into spreadsheet/accounting software. Records that reconcile. Extended transaction record periods. The rest shouldn't need explaining and Jira's. Talk to any bookeeper that knows how to handle general ledger accounts.
  • Freebies and demos put into their own section and excluded from main search.
  • Delivery: yesterday as said above and hopefully Direct Delivery will include transaction receipts.

Down the road an API that works from in-world to list and sell items (although competing with independent vendor creators is a can of worms) and the web. Would be nice to be able to display products on any custom web page from the marketplace with filters that include any search, a specific shop, merchant, etc. If you feel the need to keep a commission, this is the place to do it because ...

Putting a web page together with the above API would let me set up my own pages from data in the Marketplace and earn 5% affiliate commission any sales. That's how you share the wealth and generate goodwill and create more opportunity.

And these^^.  Great ideas and the 0% one I have never thought of but I can see where this would be a problem as it could flood the MP with more junk so what about this idea?

What if we had a declining percentage that went down with volume.  Say 15% for the 1st sale in a month and going to 0% after say 10 or 20.  We merchants, DO drive traffic to the marketplace so why not let the ones that drive the most traffic, get the most sales benefit for it.  Sort of like rewarding the gooses that lay the magic boxes (or something like that).

An API is soooooo needed too.  Something that would allow us to create our own accounting and support systems or even a 3rd party, comprehensive merchant systems similar to how other 3rd party reporting SaaS applications are built by someone outside of SL.  It could track both MP and in world sales from a single web log in.

But above all...load times need to be decreased by at least 100%.  A load time decrease of 100% would mean a 50% faster loading page, MP could see an increase in revenues of around 50% from what the studies have told us.  See: http://radar.oreilly.com/2009/07/velocity-making-your-site-fast.html

Wishlist:

1. The marketplace should have a system for full perms items that come with a user license. The buyer must agree with the user license of the merchant, by pushing a button, or marking a field or such, before he can actually buy the item.

2. A 'follow this merchant' option. Shoppers should have the possibilitie to follow the creative flow of their favorite merchants. When new products arrive on the marketplace, people who signed up get notified. There must be a choice options for how people want to be notified, per email, per IM. And when: at the moment the object arrives on the marketplace, or receive all updates from the merchants you follow each day at a certain time, once per week or once per month.

3. Allow more people to work in one shop.
4. Allow merchants to have more then one shop.

LL has always approached the marketplace as if one merchant stands for one shop. The whole system leans on this idea. But my situation is very different and there are more people who have other needs then 'one person - one shop'. I have three different brands. In world there are three different shops where the merchandise is sold. On the marketplace I don't have this possibility. I only can use three different shops when I would use two alts to work with on the marketplace.

In one of my brands we work with three persons, a scripter, another 3d modeller and me. Because we want to keep the brand together I sell on the marketplace for all of us. This asks a lot of trust from both others. And I'm really glad that they dare to trust me with their creative capital. The other site is that I'm the one who has to do the dull work: making the listings on the marketplace.
We simply had to make this choice because just one person can run a marketplace shop. I would like to see the possibility to work with different people in one shop. As the shop owner I should have the possibilities to give rights to my co creators, to also list items on the shop, and to set permissions on items they can edit.

5. Allow merchants to organise their shop in more departments.
For some brands it might be attractive to have the possibility to have tabs or such that devides the shop in several departments.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3193 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.