profiles and search and tping wont work for me ive rebooted puter internet modem and router .

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

ok really odd . ive done all buy sang mary had a little lamb ive rebooted did modem router still no pro files working search and tps am i only one this is happening too ? no one online to ask this of .

i have perfect connection to every thing on internet . i sittin by my router . i can get dressed fast walk with out lag .. pull out object np . have my money perfect i just cant tp or see profiles or im any one off friends list

2 answers to this question

There is a notice in the server category of the Forum about work being performed on the servers. The work may have not been completed yet. SL grid status page would show info if that is the case.

Not being able to see profiles or search would lead me to believe it was a lag or connection problem on your end. Not being able to teleport could be a firewall issue or plugin that's being blocked.

When trying to get things working, you should consider bypassing the router and plugging in directly to the modem. If you are wireless, add a wire.

You should clear the SL cache on your pc, I will post a link on how to do that from outside of SL.

If you pay for Premium membership, you can open a Live chat, and as always, you may contact Second Life Support if you cannot find a timely solution elsewhere.

Edit:

Clearing Cache from Outside SL

* Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\SecondLife\cache
          o Alternatively, use environment variable %APPDATA% to shorten this path to: %APPDATA%/SecondLife/cache
    * Windows Vista - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\cache
    * Windows Vista Home Premium - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\browser_profile\cache
    * Windows 7 - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\browser_profile\Cache
    * Windows 7 - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\SecondLife\ (Viewer version 1.23.5 (136262))
    * Mac - /Users/<username>/Library/Caches/SecondLife
    * Linux - ~/.secondlife/cache

http://status.secondlifegrid.net/

last update: [updated 7:08 PM PST, 19 December 2011] We have begun the next set of maintenance described in this post. Some regions may be restarted during this maintenance.

I'm having EXACTLY the same issue when in my country house, which has a poor Internet connection although I use a regular cable. I can receive IMs but not send any. All my friends' names are question marks (so I don't know who IMs me until I recognize the person from the tone of the conversation). Cannot TP anywhere either. Clearing cache, clean reinstall doesn't help. Using another viewer does not fix it either.

I'm afraid your issue is just the same as mine. You may have to contact your ISP to check your line and eventually fix the problem. Getting another router/modem also can help.

ETA: you may have an Internet connection good enough for everything BUT Second Life, which demands very much bandwith...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.