Refunds on a purchase?

Dar Tremor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1325 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 2.2.2018 at 9:30 PM, Alyona Su said:

If you buy from Market Place and it comes in a box that you have to unpack: Its old stuff or the creator doesn't have a clue.

Not at all. With the Viewer Managed Marketplace, every single item in every single listing is in the seller's inventory. Even though it doesn't usually show up in the regular inventory window, it certainly adds to the load and all the issues with slow loading and vanishing items you get if you have a bloated inventory. The Marketplace folder seems to be even more prone to faults than the rest of the inventory and you will start loosing items from there long before you get similar problems in other folders.

So, if you have a large number of listings, or each listing contains a large number of items or you have a big inventory in general, you really have no choice: box up as much as possible.

I do agree that those scripted, animated and elaborate boxes some merhcants still use are overkill though. I just use a simple cube textured with my logo, click action set to Open and item name and "Click to open" as floating text. Wear it or rez it - whatever you prefer - then click on the box and on the copy to inventory button. No need to make it more complicated than that.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 3

On 2/3/2018 at 12:04 PM, Pixieplumb Flanagan said:

I would only take issue with no. 5.  I box my products so that customers have a simple back up in case of accidental deletion.  Yes, I have a re delivery system which includes marketplace sales, but quite often people don't realise this.  Boxed products are NOT always old/made by 'clueless' merchants.

I sell mostly plain boxes, no vendors except for houses. You can touch the box inworld to get an info nc, plus basic info is on the box cover. I pop the same box as inworld onto the marketplace.

Also to scan for updates, the buyers can rez the box, which has the update scan script in it. 

I dont think box users are the clueless ones.

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 4

On 1/30/2018 at 6:16 AM, JJ Hoobinoo said:

For Store Owners -

* Update your top 20 items and provide demos for them.

IMO - Any item costing more than L$25 should have a demo or be rezzed inworld to see, regardless of whether or not it is a popular selling item.  It may not be popular specifically because it does not have a demo.

On 1/30/2018 at 6:16 AM, JJ Hoobinoo said:

For Store Owners -

* Have an in-world presence and have a store that looks like it's regularly updated. I'm sorry if you use Hippo vendors for example; as to me that's setting off bells like a person with a AOL email addy saying you haven't progressed with the times and may not really exist any more.

I do like an inworld presence, though it is not necessarily a deal breaker for me if there isn't one.  If there is an inworld store, I'm not overly picky about what type of vendors someone uses.  Whatever works for them is fine as long as I can get a redelivery if needed (or refund, if applicable).

On 2/4/2018 at 7:50 AM, Alyona Su said:

So my intention with "creator doesn't have a clue" is: they are not taking the buyer's experience into account.

Except that there are likely as many ideas about the perfect buyer's experience as there are buyers.  We all like doing things our own way, which usually is not "everyone's way".  Like you, I hate those bags that animate you when you attach them.  Primarily because I'm often unpacking while standing on a post stand and the holding animation will often mess up the pose stand animation, but also because those unpack scripts will not always unpack no-copy items properly.  However, I actually prefer either a delivery HUD or a box that I can rez. I then already have the box as a backup - and if I don't want to unpack it for a while, it hasn't increased my inventory size yet.

On 2/4/2018 at 7:50 AM, Alyona Su said:

I said make a backup copy - not a box.Create a new folder inside product folder, name it BACKUP, select all items, copy, then paste into the BACKUP folder.

My inventory is large enough as it is.  I definitely do not need a folder within a folder that contains another copy of every item.

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed with all you say Tari. Well said.  If the convoluted process works for one person great - but..yeah.. none of my male or female friends do anything like that. For myself, I buy copy items, for when (not if) something gets lost. If a MP merchant has an in-world presence using the CasperVend system, all I do is click any in-world vendor, scroll to my page, and get it delivered again. Done.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
4 minutes ago, smashedgone said:

I want my money back because I didn't get Linden's after purchasing it

You are replying to an old thread with a new issue?  Did you purchase an item or  L$?  If it was L$ have you used  Instant Buy (Market Buy) or Best Rate Buy (Limit Buy)?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, smashedgone said:

I want my money back because I didn't get Linden's after purchasing it

You very likely used the right side of the screen, which is putting in an order to buy at a specific rate:

image.png.729e2ffadbcafea61c183443a618c7f4.png

If that is what you did, then click Manage under Linden Exchange on your dashboard.  Then click LindeX Order History:

image.png.84382921110cab96e8fb2e07a39c7f2e.png

Your order will show under Open Orders.  Cancel the order and the money will go back to your USD $ balance.  Then go back to the buy screen and use the LEFT SIDE of the screen to buy L$.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, smashedgone said:

I did on accident

What specifically did you do on accident?  

If you accidently attempted to purchase Lindens using the "Best Rate Buy (Limit Buy)" and haven't received the Lindens, LittleMe's post above shows how to cancel that Limit Buy.  The money from a cancelled "Best Rate Buy (Limit Buy)" won't automatically be returned to your account outside of SL, but goes into your USD (US Dollar) balance on your SL account so that you can use that money for purchasing lindens as a "Market Buy"  or for paying other fees (premium membership, land tier, etc) that you might have or want to do later on. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1325 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.