where can I post my complaint!! a good person quite SL for no good reason

Jonna Korhonen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4511 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I learned today that a very long time SL resident (7+ years) and a casual but good friend of mine canceled her account and has all but quit Second Life.. Why you ask? Cause of the bull crap spewed by other peeps. Sure she was quirky and sure she loved her versions of RP but she was never mean to me or anyone else I've ever seen her deal with. And never was she in any violation of any TOS. But because she wrote her own Second Life and refused to bow to the mainstream she constantly found herself involved in drama with others over her choices. I pray she comes back and I pray she can un-cancel her account but I doubt it.

My complaint is this: If you don't like how others play with their Second Life then show some tolerance and go somewhere else. She had fun with her SL family and life but because of others, she quit and it is a sad day in SL because of it.

I'll miss her terribly, even if she comes back with an alt it'll never be the same.

I have a counter question.  If your friend wasn't tolerant enough to accept others views why didn't she go somewhere that better suited her views?  It's two way street.  I'll leave you alone if you leave me alone.  It take two to tango, as the old saying goes.  She didn't have to leave.......she chose to leave.  How many of those "intolerant" people left SL just because of her? 

People with narrow views sometimes tend to be their own worse enemy.......this seems to be the case with your friend.  I don't have to tolerant anyone.  I choose to tolerant most.......but not all.  For the ones I just can't bring myself to tolerant, I avoid.  She could have done the same thing.  But she left.........let her go.  It was her choice.

It's always sad when a friend leaves.  But there's not much good to come by bitching about it on a public forum. 

You said she all but left SL........send an IM and hopefully she has IM's to email enabled and find a way to either resolve her issues of a way to keep in touch.  It's her choice...........not yours or anyone else's.  Time to suck it up and move on no matter what comes of it.  Sometimes life just sucks pond scum.

spending many years in Second Life leads you to meet all kinds of people, including many that will bring negativity to you, the world is filled with all types of people with very contrasting perspectives that lead to clashes, im sure she had found many persons that opposed her.

im sorry that she saw as the only option left to quit Second Life, to be safe from her attackers.

if she comes back as an alt, welcome her as your friend that she is, what it matter most about a person is not her possessions, is her spirit, her inner self.

i miss a lot of friends that i dont know any more about them for a long time, i still hope that they are gonna come back, if they dont, i am grateful for having the opportunity to share those moments with them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4511 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.