Which Yacht and other info please?

Sy Beck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4466 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

if a boat's description says it doesn't attach parts to your body then it doesn't and you are free to move around the boat. 

Correct.

The max prim number for vehicles is 32. So everything with a higher primcount consists of a drivable base and one or even more wearable attachments = higher risk in sim crossings ... and no possibility to walk around on deck. Well, walking around isn't an option once the boat is moving anyway and most attachment boats allow you to stand up once you're moored or there is a second (static) version in the pack.

But again, in the interest of better sailing experience and higher chance of survival most old salts recommend fairly small ridable boats without a lot of gimmicks. Particularly when exploring and you gotta navigate on small Linden protected waterways between banlines you don't want a mega yacht anyway. Sansara is such an example. Still the bestest terraformed continent, and rather interesting to sail, it has a lot of builds and banlines. Same goes for Heterocera and Geogeot and unfortunately Corsica as well. Even the decidedly maritime continent Nautilus is a regular pita and kinda impossible to explore. The inside that is, the east coast is sailable all the way up from Blake to Corsica, the western shore is navigable for quite a good way as well.

Thanks to everyone who passed me tips and info here and in IMs inworld, it really helped.  I bought two from Trudeau, the Lindara and the Trucordia and I can already see myself wanting to get a Catamaran and go racing.  

If you haven't tried sailing in SL before then I really recommend that you give it a go.  There is something uniquely pleasing about travelling across large beautiful seascapes with your best chilling tunes in the background and seeing small islands and atolls loom up on the horizon and then moor up at them for a while.

Snapshot_014.png

CAC House.png

Snapshot_013.png

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

My thanks as well, as i have been following this thread and took the advices
:)
. Teleported around and tried all kind of demo's, then I got myself the Cotton Blossom II from Balduin and I LOVE it!!!

Cotton_Blossom_004_700.png

Hey..that looks like Sy's yacht
:P

CaC Fleet_001.png

congrats both with your purchases :smileyhappy: *meows*

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4466 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.