Not recieving offline IMs or items or notices.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This is a known bug in the most recent upgrade, apparently affecting all viewers, but not all users >>> https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7540?  Try this cure, offered by Maestro Linden :

"After more investigation, I have a guess about why this issue only affects certain avatars. One of my avatars had this issue, and had an empty Block List. As soon as I had the avatar block an object inworld (right click -> Block), I immediately received the queued offline IMs. This fix persisted between different sessions, even after I removed the object from my Block List (making it empty once again).

For those of you affected by this bug, could you try blocking/muting an object or avatar, and see if that fixes your problem? To block an object (or avatar), you can right click on them, then select Manage->Block from the context menu."

7 answers to this question

This is a known bug in the most recent upgrade, apparently affecting all viewers, but not all users >>> https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7540?  Try this cure, offered by Maestro Linden :

"After more investigation, I have a guess about why this issue only affects certain avatars. One of my avatars had this issue, and had an empty Block List. As soon as I had the avatar block an object inworld (right click -> Block), I immediately received the queued offline IMs. This fix persisted between different sessions, even after I removed the object from my Block List (making it empty once again).

For those of you affected by this bug, could you try blocking/muting an object or avatar, and see if that fixes your problem? To block an object (or avatar), you can right click on them, then select Manage->Block from the context menu."

Hey.

Listen, I was one of the people affected by this rather annoying glitch. My good friend, gingerholly Resident is also affected, and the above fix didn't work for her. (-_-) In fact, she and I just ran another test on it and neither one of us received the IM we sent to each other. So, nice try, Rolig, but your stop-gap solution didn't work 100%. I can still read the note-cards people send me, but everything else gets automatically hidden...Even when the above measures are taken. We need a better work-around...NOW!!

On 3/27/2020 at 12:55 AM, HenryCrawford said:

Listen, I was one of the people affected by this rather annoying glitch.

This thread is nine years old, Henry. I'm sure that whatever issues there are today with lost notifications (yes, I have noticed that myself too recently) have some totally different cause.

Edited by ChinRey
On 3/26/2020 at 6:55 PM, HenryCrawford said:

So, nice try, Rolig, but your stop-gap solution didn't work 100%. I can still read the note-cards people send me, but everything else gets automatically hidden...Even when the above measures are taken. We need a better work-around...NOW!!

You can pretty much disregard any threads that are this old, and especially disregard any post that refers to a temporary fix for a glitch that existed in a viewer released a decade ago.The world has moved on.  I suggest submitting a support case.

• Like 1
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.