scripts for a device i am trying to build

Shonzila

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hallo,

i am buildings a simple device in second life that is in the shape of a hollow tube.

the tube is put together from many smal tubes which creat a long one.

the idea is to fly thrue the tube and try to get from one side to the other without touching the sides.

can anyone here recomend me on a script that does the following functions:

1. counts the number of times my avatar touched the side of the tube.

2. changes the color a the tube when rhe side is touched- only the color of the part that was touched.

3. when the side of the tube is touched- make a sound.

a scrip for every function will be fine too.

thank you.

It's rare that you will find a script already created to suite your exact needs. If you want to commission someone to make the script for you, check out the Commerce/Wanted forums. If you want to try building the script yourself, this is the place to come for advice.

That said, using a Collision_start event would be a good idea to detect when an avatar/object collides with the inner  surface of your tube.

A global variable can be used to store the number of impacts, incrementing it each time the collision start event is triggered.

You can use llSetColor or llSetLinkColor to change the color of the inner "face" when the collision_start event triggers.

Using the llCollisionSound function will allow you to set a sound to play when something does impact the tube

That should be enough to get you started!

This question or request doesn't belong here, really. Post it to Wanted Forum or to the Employment Forum, if you can't find a script already containing your features. This forum is for the discussion of scripting issues and helping scripters to solve problems with scripting - it's not for requestiong or offering script work or scripts.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.