Unable to select or delete prim.

AssassinOfLove

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4508 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a prim on my land i cannot delete or select. It is transparent, but has a visible light source.

So i guess my question is how do delete or take invisble prims? Having a similar problem trying to find a TP landing spot iw ould like to move. Is there a wireframe mode or something? please help.

I'm using Firestorm.

*EDIT*

Im not sure what i mean by "TP landing spot " either. lol. Im writing this from work.

You guys have totally helped me out! Thanks. I cant wait to go home and delete that friggin prim!

2 answers to this question

CTRL-ALT T will highlight all invisible prims.  Then you can select it and delete or move as necessary.  Not sure what you mean by moving a TP landing spot.  That is usually not a prim.  It is a setting in the About Land - Options tab.

ETA And CTRL-Shift R will toggle Wireframe rendering on and off.  You may need to have the Advanced or Develop menu active for that toggle to work.

--Cinn

• Like 1

Do what Cinn said about the invisible prims. By "TP landing spot" if you mean a teleporter, it should be a scripted object. Enable beacons to highight scripted items on your land.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/File:View_menu_show_beacons.png

Also check if it's not buried in the ground:

Objects may be lost underground as the result of an editing mistake or by changes in the terrain. The following steps provide instructions to help locate objects that may be stuck underground.

• First, hide the ground in Second Life: Activate the advanced menu on the menu bar by pressing Ctrl-Alt-⇧ Shift-D. Then, choose Advanced > Rendering > Type > Surface Patch.
  • Press Esc a couple times to deactivate any open windows and close the chat box
  • Hold down the Alt key and press Page Up (PgUp) or Page Down (PgDn). This allows you to rotate your camera, locating any of your objects that may be buried underground.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/File:Client_menu_hide_surfacepatch.png

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4508 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.