Flickering objects around my avatar?

Sunou

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I downloaded the latest update the other day and hadn't logged onto SL until today. When I logged on I found that I have this issue where large spheres will flicker off an on around my avatar whenever any part of it moves. It seems like they have to do with the prims on my avatar since when they flicker, I notice they're the same color as its prims. This never happened before; I tried clearing my cache but it didn't help. Any advice?

Edit 1: Checked for shiny objects and there are none on my person. Attempted the directions on the JIRA page, but didn't see what I was supposed to if I had a problem with the bump map.
Everything else seems to work fine except for the issue with my own avatar.

Edit 2: The issue was fixed by unchecking the VBO option. Thanks for the help!

4 answers to this question

I'm having the same exact problem.. And only since I updated My viewer to the latest release.  Also, I can't seem to receive items from people, nor the Marketplace and lag is the worst it's ever been for Me in 5 years.  The other day, I logged in and crashed about 6 times before I was able to stay online. And still, the flickering spheres.  I'm switching viewers as of RIGHT NOW, until that bug is fixed.. 

BTW, when is the new SL viewer going to be RLV compatible???

I haven't noticed this myself, but try an experiment.....  Are you wearing objects that have a shiny texture?  If you can (that is, if you have mod perms on the objects), try using your Edit tool >> Texture to set the Shininess to "None" .  There's a JIRA ( https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SH-2511 ) that may be relevant to what you are seeing, and the problem has been traced to bump mapping being loaded incorrectly.  If that's what's creating your flickering objects, LL already has a fix for the next upgrade of the viewer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.