Sign in to follow this  
DIGITALWORLD

viewer size

Ehhh, I don't think so.  Looks to me like the smallest window size is now around 800x600.  Nothing in Preferences and there is no way I can find to make the window smaller.  As a result I've rolled back to the previous version.

So if there is a setting in Preferences for window size of version 3.2.4, how about posting a snapshot so we know where to find it. :)

ETA: 1016 x 734 could be right.  I didn't measure the window. Just guessed it was around 800x600.  Too large for me as well.

--Cinn

Yes, this was broken by an attempt to change the minimum defaults, but some dependencies in other parts of the viewer were obviously forgotten. Until this is fixed, it is safer to resize the window by mouse. The dialog in the advanced menu can blank the screen until a mouse resize and potentially lose your menu bar until a relog.

I can still change the size of the window using the mouse. I hover my mouse over the edge of the viewer and drag it towards its center. From  that screenshot, you may need to grab the top of your viewer window and drag it down and over a bit so that you can see an edge.

this is what i got changing my resolution to 600x400

600x400.jpg

its playable under that resolution, just some windows dont fit.

maximize Second Life and it will adapt to the resolution.

if youre using windows, try pressing Alt+Space+R to have it on a window, and Alt+Space+S to change the size, and with the arrows on your keyboard you change it to your desired size.

if you press Alt+Space+X the viewer will adapt to the resolution.

have uninstalled 3.4 and installed the 3.2.1 problem solved. Blocking the possibility of changing the size of the viewer in version 3.4 for me is stupid. I thank all participants in the discussion.

viewer2.1.PNG

It's not a good idea to install LL's latest releases. They don't test the software sufficiently. Let others try it out for awhile and if no major bugs are reported, then install it. You may also wish to consider using third party viewers instead of LL's official viewer.

It appears that 3.2.4 does not allow setting the window size smaller than 1016 x 741.

That is an absolutely stupid limitation. Apparently they felt no one ever has a monitor that is smaller than 1024 x 768?

I often set my viewer windows to about 800 x 800 or even smaller, so I can have 2 to 4 sessions running concurrently for different avatars while roleplaying. For many of the less active NPC's, all I need to be able to do is keep up with their chat. I can watch what they are doing from my primary character's view, and enlarge their window when needed if I need to move around or do other tasks that the window is too small for.

boo :matte-motes-smile:

I can resize mine to just a few pixels in highth, and maybe 100 pixels wide. Its just a normal window like any other window.

I can even streach it to span both my 24 inch monitors for super wide sl 

The size of window drop down is more for graphics mode, ie non windows mode i guess. But tehn all you have is SL, so not sure why you would want to go less then the native resolution of you monitor, unless you are looking for some sort of performance boost.

Yes, I can not drag the window smaller either either with my PC or iMAC. Sometimes I like to shrink it and put it in the corner while I operate other windows. I've reinstalled but that did not help. I can still resize all the other windows on both platforms, suggesting it is a SL Viewer bug. ... I will submit a ticket but this is so other do not feel alone or think its their machine... right?