I reported a post to the mods. Can the person who wrote the post see it was me?

Sophia Trefusis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4514 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Thank you for all your answers. I just got really worried since I prone to become nervous and suddenly that idea hit me "omg what if they can see it was me who did it" As I mentioned before...that post..was unsettling...

I could only chose one correct answer but they were all good :)

4 answers to this question

It is down to the professionalism of the individual but I would not worry unduly as most responsible people of authority would not disclose the source of any complaint. However, for your own peace of mind, I would always recommend that you never disclose real life information about yourself so, if anyone was ever to behave untoward at you, it would be much easier for you to distance yourself from that person.

• Like 1

Sophia Trefusis wrote:

Im a little bit worried since the person in question replied to a comment I had made in a whole other topic.

Really worried about it since the person seemed twisted...their post was really unsettling 
:(

No. The moderation system NEVER shows who reported someone. Only the Moderators know that and they definately won't disclaim this information as it would be against LL's own rules and guidelines about privacy.

Of course, you can't prevent the person you reported making a guess it was you, depending on previous "conversations" you may have had. But even so, I'm with the others on this one: you shouldn't worry about that.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4514 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.