Login failure. Second Life cannot be accessed from this computer.

Mans737

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4004 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello. I am just now have registered, downloaded client and recieved an email with topic "You're now verified! See what you've been missing...". Then i tryed to log in, but i have recieved an error "Login failure. Second Life cannot be accessed from this computer.". I read the knowledge base, where wrote:

You cannot log into Second Life from this location

This error message may also appear as:

• Login failed.
  • Second Life cannot be accessed from this computer.

These messages generally indicate you have been blocked from the Second Life servers by Linden Lab as the result of:

• Documented cases of fraud
  • Use of Second Life by a minor
  • Exceptionally flagrant abuse activity

Note that someone else in your household may be responsible for this activity, not necessariliy with your account. 

If you believe that this is an error, submit a support ticket via the support portal. To help customer support determine what block has been placed and why, include in the ticket your Second Life account name and any Second Life accounts that log in from your location.

I dont understand! How can i get verification message if i banned after registration and didn't get email about ban? Technical Support, PLEASE, help me. 

In most cases, this issue goes away by restarting your network router. You get a new IP address, one that doesn't accidentally match a previously blocked account.

If you're on a shared network connection, as part of a housing complex (such as domaciles), or on a public (such as a coffee shop) or static IP address (such as a company) where you all share a large connection, this can be a tougher problem.

Unfortunately, it does look like you are going to have to go through the rigmarole of submitting a support ticket.  Only LL know the real reason why you are unable to access Second Life from your computer.

I would be very interested to know the outcome, and it would be helpful to other residents to know too, so please do keep this thread up to date.

I wish you luck.

I'm afraid that it isn't as easy to change an IP address as some people think. ISPs have a pool of addresses for their customers, which are dynamically allocated, and the idea that you can easily change the IP address by disconnecting and re-connecting is superficially obvious.

First, your line (usually ADSL to the local telco) is connected to a fixed piece of hardware. The physical connection does not change, so why should the ISP go through all the fuss of letting the IP address change?  It really makes it easier if they wait a while to see if you come back. It's not indefinite, but the IP address allocation can be set to last for as much 24 hours, and because the route through the ISP network doesn't change, things are more stable.

The old dynamic address system for dial-up internet was something of an illusion. From the ISP's viewpoint, every one of their modems was allocated a permanent address. It was the telco switching, that made the connection to an available modem, which made it look dynamic to the customer. That switching was a well-understood telco process, and still is.

The ISPs which gave customers static IP addresses on dial-up lines were doing something extremely clever. 

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem and I have tried everything except restarting my router. I even contacted LL by email, and they told me that they didn't know why. But they also said they didn't know how to unban/unblock it. Which I thought was a little silly. I moved, I replaced my computer. Everything - but yet it still doesn't work. I see that this may not be of any help to you, but I hope you can play SL soon. The 6 years I played it were great during the time. :)

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4004 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.