What do you do when you have time on your hands

Phil Deakins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you mean my spare time while I am in SL, then that rarely occurs as I work most of the time.  When I'm not working I visit friends, go listen to music, sail, explore, and do all the things that residents that don't work do.

If you mean my spare time in RL, if I don't have something in RL I want to do,  I use it to spend more time in SL!

Phil Deakins wrote:

Apart from anonymously starting a load of silly threads and attempting to fill the front page with junk, what do you do to while away some spare time?

Discuss it here.

If you continue to criticise Linden Lab for spamming its own forums you will probably get a visit from the authorities, Phil!

Spare time? Coo what a luxury :) If I'm logged in, outside of developing and testing new stuff (so a bit of goal directed exploration), contract work, keeping up with the new nuances of LSL, generally keeping the biz side ticking over, redecorating the sim,  supporting friends in their ventures, the odd viewing of art installations, checking out the live music scene and bouncing ideas around with the group ... well nothing.

Spare time in SL - maybe we can find a new market for it =^^=

When I have spare time (in SL that is) I do:

- go shopping

- visit friends

- go sailing (although that mostly is my primary "job" in SL anyway)

- go exploring

- change stuff on my land

- log out and do whatever ppl are doing in RL

- sometimes I visit some or the other forum and type wise and intelligent comments

I look at land on the World Map. The Linden Home Regions are becoming continents. (not sure where will those will eventually be parked, hopefully, not near me.)

I browse through my Inventory folder, empty trash

Reading Profiles is very interesting, one leads to another, it's endless.

Reading the Classifieds can kill some time and offer a few good laughs, SL Residents are very creative.

I usually only have spare time when I'm waiting for someone who isn't on time.

This is used to be my favourite past time but I've been banned so many times before so I stopped:

Log in to an alt and tp'd to a roleplay sim (mainly in Zindra) and select a random couple and completely changed the whole storyline. My favourite role was the angry pregnant mistress.

Nowadays, sinced I moved my 'playground' to another grid, I used SL as my free time and when I need to be inspired. .

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.