how report abuse in a group chat?

SilverienaWindren

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

In addition to filing an official abuse report, you could also contact the group owner who has the ability to remove the offending person from the group if they agree it is warranted.

When you file an abuse report, LL may investigate the matter to determine if there really was a violation of the TOS, or it is more of a matter of disputes between residents. This sometimes takes time.  If they judge it to be a dispute between residents, they won't do anything as they do not get involved with or mediate these types of things.  At any rate, you will not be informed of what they decide or any action they take, which could range from a warning to a ban, because it is not their policy to tell you ad it is considered a matter of privacy.

• Like 2

I agree with the others in this thread, that you can report someone for being verbally abuse, whether it is directed at you or generally offensive.  Linden Lab, though, will not get involved with minor spats; they assume we are all grown-up enough to deal with a bit of name-calling.

The best thing to do with anyone who is being abusive in group chat is ignore them really, as responding to that person really only inflames them more.  If the group owner is online, or any person authorised to do so, they can easily eject the person from the group if they are habitually offensive and abusive in group chat.

What she failed to put in her question is it is a rp group and self monitoring...it is about killing, sieging lands & destroying,  not a group for all people. So it wasnt abuse it was rp'ing and her feeling got hurt. Not everyone is cut out for this group. So she can report to the owners or LL all she wants, its rp. 

Object of the Game
Conquer. Gather. Rebuild. Destroy.

• Like 4

Its an assassins game, a game of killing or be killed, sieging land, a role playing game.it sounds like your playing the wrong game in sl, someone that whines over a little chat and can't take it and whines that its abuse, well file a claim chat with the group owners and /or grow up and find another game in sl. because your not going to last long in the assassins game this way. i have played this game for over a year now and i have seen many like you come and go, whine over a little chat, remember its a game a ROLE playing game.

• Like 2

well i think everyone needs to just get a grip in sl. cause i have to say if you were in the street rl or a bar or park and you started talking to someone like you do in here your asking to get a boot to the head. While in sl your running around running your mouth and then reporting people left and right cause it didnt go your way. Just saying and if you dont like what someone says you can ignore them, mute them, or just quit... its pretty simple its a game people it is rl role playing it isnt real ok!!! time to grow up and get a life and stop pretending that this is real your putting yourself in a RP environment everytime you log in but remember you have the power to mute land ban and leave groups or close them... If you participate in a group chat your subjected to what the group is about. End of Discussion... :)

Have a great day.

Well I think everyone needs to just get a grip in sl. Cause I have to say if you were in the street RL or a bar or park and you started talking to someone like you do in here your asking to get a boot to the head. While in sl your running around running your mouth and then reporting people left and right cause it didn't go your way. Just saying and if you don't like what someone says you can ignore them, mute them, or just quit... Its pretty simple its a game people it is RL role playing it isn't real OK!!! Time to grow up and get a life and stop pretending that this is real your putting yourself in a RP environment every time you log in but remember you have the power to mute land ban and leave groups or close them... If you participate in a group chat your subjected to what the group is about. End of Discussion... :matte-motes-agape:

Have a great day.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.