I have problems with the water looking wrong with sl viewer 3.2.4 that I downloaded on dec 14th.

Crystal Ember

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Downloaded the new version of the sl viewer 3.2.4. but the water now looks wrong. It looks more like it would if I was on the lowest graphics setting. I usually use the high setting for graphics and that is what sl recommends for my computer. I have tried un installing the viewer and then reinstalling. Using the environmental settings I cannot get the water to change at all...there are no surface features to it. I have tried firestorm and the water looks fine. I also tried a different computer and the water problem is still there. I have rebooted my computer...still there. Is this a glitch with the new viewer version or is it just me? Help!!!

ok FIXED! For anyone else out there here is what i did. I found some updates to my ati radeon 5750 graphics card that were listed as optional. for some reason when i had my computer check to see if i had the current updates it said yes but this is one i didnt have yet. after downloading it I now have the water reflections back as well as the terrain textures looking right again. Good luck!!

4 answers to this question

Hi, Crystal!

You are not alone! This has happened to me and another resident I know. It's weird and frustrating, as we have tried many things (settings, etc.) to make a difference, and it just persists. We also cannot view the upper levels of terrain textures appropriately. So...wish we could go back!

I will be sure to keep up on this...and have asked for input from LL. Wll let you know if I learn anything.

Best to you!

Mireille

I am having the exact same problem.  The bigger problem, though, was the flickering graphics -- I found the solution to it was to disable VBO in hardware.  But I can find no solution for the hardware.  And, even though I uninstall this latest, delete all cache on my computer and from the viewer, reboot and then reinstall the previous version, I still have to come back to this latest because now I am having problem with anything at all rezzing after a long period of waiting.  Grrrr.  I hope they fix it soon.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.