Increase prims on parceled off land

Bill Woodland

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4473 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Bill Woodland wrote:

I hope this is in the right place but how do I add prim count to a parceled  off peice of land...........................parceling off sections for vendors is what i am trying to do.

Very short answer: you can't, the prim quota for a parcel is based on its size.

Alternatively, if you are talking about how to make your rental system count prims correctly, contact the creator of the system for support.

Having said that, all parcels in the same region that are owned by the same person or group share a common, region-wide pool of prims.  So, if all the land is under the same ownership, per-parcel limits do not apply, only the combined limit based on the total area of land under that ownership in the region.

There is one exception to that, the region's object bonus can adjust how many prims are allocated based on the size of parcels, but it's a region-wide setting which impacts all parcels, and the region's 15,000 limit still applies.  The region object bonus is an estate setting which LL will not change on mainland, and most estates will not change unless the entire region is under the ownership of just 1 person (or group).

• 2 weeks later...

A tip:

Deed all the land to the same group.

Now put some 'common areas' with low prim decorations in them. Such as, low prim benches, walkways, grass.

Use some of the 'extra' prims from those common areas to allow more prims to your renters on the individual parcels.

There are objects that keep track of prims used on a given parcel by the way. You might look into finding and buying some on the Marketplace. Sorry I do not know what those items are called, but landlords use them in SL apartments.

You should also type up a note card that contains your rules for tenants and explains how many prims each may use. Describe the penalty for using too many prims on their parcel. Whether you have a warning system, or simply warn once and then ban, or whatever it is. Tell them up front and then stick to it. 

If your tenants use too many prims, other people's or your items will return.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4473 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.