v3 Latest Update Problem

Warumono Mode

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4509 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Alright, making a new thread for this so I'm not hogging up someone else's question.

Basically, I got an update to my v3 today, so I installed it. When  logged back in, something was extremely wrong. Everything was black and white, I coudn't even see myself, and when I tried to look around, it seemed like the game was loading every single texture in every single item right in the middle of my screen. I saw pictures of landmarks, shops, jackets, etc. Anything that was said to me was repeated a thousand times and started to clog up the screen. I tried resetting my computer, uninstalling and reinstalling it, and nstalling the latest driver for my computer. It still doesn't work. I can log into FIrestorm and everything is normal, and I still show up fine to my friends who see me when on V3.

broke.jpg

One of my friends installed the update and they can see themselves, but it is glitching pretty bad and as they walk textures show up in the middle of the screen.
Yes, I can use Firestorm so it's not the eld of the world, but I thought I would let you guys know of this issue. Is there a link where I can maybe download V3 BEFORE the latest update? It was running just fine before today and the download, so if I could get back to the old one that would be great.

Thanks~ 

So, another update. It's actually NOT fixed, I just didn't notice that my graphics reset back to default. If I switch them to Ultra (my coputer has been running ultra perfectly fine for months before the update) the screen turns completely white again, and I get graphics and textures flickering in the middle of my screen again. I load as a big white block, my name is a black blob, it's just all pretty terrible.

Go to the "help" menu in your viewer, go to "About Second Life" and copy everything down through "OpenGL Version" and then paste it into a reply in this thread. Someone may be able to notice a possible issue. Are you using the official released version of Firestorm or the beta? The released version of Firestorm and Viewer 3.2.4 have radically different OpenGL code than the beta version of Firestorm and Viewer 3.2.1

I'm not on Firestorm, I'm on V3. Firestorm works great, just concerned about this problem that both my friend and I have with V3 on seperate computers in the hopes that someone can fix it and it's not just us. xD

Here is all of the info copy/pasted:

Second Life 3.2.4 (246439) Dec 8 2011 14:02:44 (Second Life Release)
Release Notes

Second Life Server 11.12.03.246118

CPU: Intel® Core i5 CPU M 460 @ 2.53GHz (2527.03 MHz)
Memory: 3894 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Graphics Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.14.0001.6143
OpenGL Version: 4.0.10188 Compatibility Profile Context

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8q zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v6.4.1
Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Built with MSVC version 1600
Packets Lost: 4/942 (0.4%)

I have not posted there, I'll do that right now. :)

Warumono Mode wrote:

I'm not on Firestorm, I'm on V3. Firestorm works great, just concerned about this problem that both my friend and I have with V3 on seperate computers in the hopes that someone can fix it and it's not just us.
xD

Here is all of the info copy/pasted:

Second Life 3.2.4 (246439) Dec 8 2011 14:02:44 (Second Life Release)

Release Notes

Second Life Server 11.12.03.246118

CPU: Intel® Core i5 CPU M 460 @ 2.53GHz (2527.03 MHz)

Memory: 3894 MB

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)

Graphics Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.14.0001.6143

OpenGL Version: 4.0.10188 Compatibility Profile Context

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8q zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1

J2C Decoder Version: KDU v6.4.1

Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000

Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)

Voice Server Version: Not Connected

Built with MSVC version 1600

Packets Lost: 4/942 (0.4%)

I have not posted there, I'll do that right now.
:)

I see that your OpenGL driver is running in "Compatibility Profile Context." The major change to the graphics in Viewer 3.2.4 was to re-write the OpenGL calls so they wouldn't use the old OpenGL commands that are being phased out. Can you switch out of "Compatibiliy Profile Context"? It shouldn't be necessary anymore.

I'm having this issue as well,getting graphics flickering when my av moves or moving my cam and ultra/shadows are practically unusable.V3 worked just fine on ultra with shadows until this update so I'm guessing they did changed something relevant to openGL and ati cards (on a 5570).Firestorm has the same issues too,and the only solution I could find is (as mentioned above) disabling the VBO (graphics/hardware).Flickering seems to have stopped for now although the quality of my shadows isn't the same as before the update.You would think they would find a way to make it work with ati cards,it's like 40% of their users....

I am having a similar issue. The veiwer was working fine and I could log in then it gave me an update and rebooted the program and now all i get is a window thats half black half grey o.O

I just recently installed the new Firestorm (Release_3-2-2-24336) and its doing the same thing. I've tried to wait it out but this is all that happens. I have to go into Task Manager to shut them off as well.

wut.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4509 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.