Cannot add my debit card

Eliza Yatsenko

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all I am not one to usually post as I am more of a person who likes to search for the answer but I am rather stumped at this one. Some of the things I have seen or been told is that there is a bug within' the system that causes one to not be able to change their balance (?) whether it be buying or selling L$. Yet I have one in which I cannot even add my debit card to my account and kept getting payment information failed message. I have tried several times and even have checked my card to make sure it was still activated (to which it is) and yet still get the message. So wondering on perhaps the course of action to take on this?

Also if this is in the wrong forum I am sorry I just saw some others and thought I might be in the right one.

Try calling billing. They will help you.

Billing issues;
Billing support phone numbers
Toll-Free (US/Canada)
Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Local Toll-Free numbers

France: 0805.101.490
    Germany: 0800.664.5510
    Japan: 0066.33.132.830
    Portugal: 800.814.450
    Spain: 800.300.560
    UK: 0800.048.4646
    Support is in English Only

Calling billing won't help...I had this happen to me this weekend, wanted to add one/update the same cards I've been using for two years :(  Billing says it's my bank, bank says no it's LL.  Had to end up going to a third party site to get L's...they had no trouble processing it.  There is a bug in the system, although my billing support agent wouldn't admit it.

ETA:  There are numerous thread in this forum and in Answers with others having the same problem, so it's not just us :matte-motes-silly:

No, you should not have to use paypal, at all.  If the bungling incompetents at LL actually earned the meoney they are paid, the billing system would have been checked to make sure it worked as per the 'resolved' notification on the 7th.

However, the billing system is a total mess.  Customers who have used cards sincee they joined SL cannot buy $L to pay rental - as I and many others on the forums (just look at the number of threads, for heavens sakes, Rod!) have found out. - NOR can they add any other payment method.

This has gone beyond the level of mere bungling, now, in my opinion and some aplogy/compensation is due from Mr Bumble himself, no less.

Do not hold your breath, however. This is a company with abysmal customer care. 

Hope there is nothing against bumping but saw the topic and well didn't know all was going on but yes I am one of those people who have to pay for rental (as well as do a bit of shopping) finding it rather frustrating that I cannot get either one but thankfully I have until next week to put in my payment for another month. Though since I have no other option at the moment and want to do the payment now looks as if paypal will be my only option :/

edit I decided to give it another go and suddenly I was able to reconnect it to my profile not sure if this is a one time deal or what but just stating what happened :)

UK based here.

I sighed when I received an e-mail yesterday from LL telling me that "action" is required in order to continue any payment transactions with SL and that "due to the conclusion of the Second Life local payments beta program" (whatever that is supposed to mean), I'm required to add a new credit card or Paypal account by going to my billing page.

I sense trouble and frustration ahead!

ETA: card details re-submitted on billing page. I will now have to wait with baited breath and hope that it all works when I'm next called upon to use that payment information.

Ian Undercroft wrote:

UK based here.

I sighed when I received an e-mail yesterday from LL telling me that "action" is required in order to continue any payment transactions with SL and that "due to the conclusion of the Second Life local payments beta program" (whatever that is supposed to mean), I'm required to add a new credit card or Paypal account by going to my billing page.

I sense trouble and frustration ahead!

ETA: card details re-submitted on billing page. I will now have to wait with baited breath and hope that it all works when I'm next called upon to use that payment information.

Yikes...hope all goes well.  I'm here if you need to borrow :smileytongue:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.