OK, next question about meeses ...

Greenie Emerald

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4518 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was asking about the SpaceNavigator recently because I'm trying to find a better way of moving in close quarters in mouselook, but Immy says I need a really steady hand for that and I can't do it after 3 glasses of wine, can I? I want my ponygirl avi to be able to move in and out of the slalom posts as smooth as silk in mouselook. With my present mice I either end up getting tangled in the cord, or (for the cordless one) having it slide off the edge of the table leaving my avi looking at the sky. Is there some gaming mouse that might help me? The same one that would let me score goals like Lionel Messi or shoot pucks like Sidney Crosby? Please help .... (whinnies)

Greenie Emerald wrote:

I was asking about the SpaceNavigator recently because I'm trying to find a better way of moving in close quarters in mouselook, but Immy says I need a really steady hand for that and I can't do it after 3 glasses of wine, can I? I want my ponygirl avi to be able to move in and out of the slalom posts as smooth as silk in mouselook. With my present mice I either end up getting tangled in the cord, or (for the cordless one) having it slide off the edge of the table leaving my avi looking at the sky. Is there some gaming mouse that might help me? The same one that would let me score goals like Lionel Messi or shoot pucks like Sidney Crosby? Please help .... (whinnies)

I don't know how exactly you do the slalom, so I am guessing here with my advice - since I live in mouselook and 'slalom' all the time when fighting:

When in mouselook, use your mouse only to steer into the direction (keep the crosshair in the middle of your screen), and move your avatar with the W (forwards) A (to the left) and D (to the right) keys.

Also, I do not see myself in mouselook (untick that in prefs) for better view and I have my mouse sensitivity pushed to maximum - you may want to start by sensitivity halfway till you are used to the speed and can go faster. A good, fast, gaming mouse is handy (I use the Razer DeathAdder) but you can do it with the regular ones as well.

It will make you dizzy in the beginning, but practice makes perfect. We have a slalom-route in our dojo, with poles that color red when you touch them. You are most welcome to come over and practice! LM's in my profile :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4518 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.