Blurry Rigged Mesh Texture

Ericsson Turbo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Gaia Clary wrote:

"Thank you for your kind feedback and congrats for mastering the process of rigging."

I didn't mast it yet :/, just for like pants and shirts, I didn't find out how to make a full body yet, I tried bot only the last bone weight i copied would workm like only the legs instead of the torso and legs

And thanks for fixing the tutorial hehe ^^

• 2 weeks later...

I also have this Blurry Rigged Mesh problem. The texture loads blurry and will only clear up if I put the texture on a regular prim or open it in my inventory. Is the only way to solve this by re-uploading it with the textures? I'm a little confused. Hopefully someone else has had this problem since this was first posted so we can figure out why its doing it? :-/

I'm having this problem also.

When I upload my mesh texture it's not fully rezzing in. It's right about halfway rezzed, I'd say. Once I open the texture in my inventory, it loads up fully. People around me cannot see the texture fully rezzed either. I had to rez the item on the ground and have them edit it to force the texture to rez. Not great if you're selling rigged mesh.

I'm using Maya. I've tried re-uploading the mesh, re-exporting the mesh, duplicating the mesh and then re-exporting and re-uploading. I've tried taking the .dae into a new scene... and exporting from there. I've decreased the texture size from a 1024 to a 512 (at expense of quite a bit of quality)... still nothing, it's still not rezzing.

I'm at a loss here... I don't know if there's any other fixes since the one previously posted doesn't seem to apply totally in my case. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone, I had the same problem with mesh feet (from many builders) and I've found a simple solution:

Develop -> Rendering -> Full Res Textures

and the texture magically appears. Once the texture is shown, you can turn off again Full Res Texture.

Hope this helps.

I found this thread in search for answers to the same problem. However, I figured out an easy fix.

I use blender 2.49, and the avatar.blend scenef or rigging. When I import rigged mesh, I normally wear it right away to see how the rig fits. However, I have taken a habbit to rezzing the mesh object first. To my surprise, there seems to be an exporting or importing issue. Every time I import mesh from blender 2.49, the scale is insanely TINY. We're talking 0.003 x 0.004 x 0.004 microscopic.

To fix the texture loading problem, I increased the mesh's size (while rezzed), and then I pick the mesh up into my inventory for wearing. This seems to have fixed the texture loading issue for me. Using beldner 2.60, and above, may fix the issue with this export scaling issue; I'm not sure?

Kourtnee Kupfer wrote:

... To my surprise, there seems to be an exporting or importing issue. Every time I import mesh from blender 2.49, the scale is insanely TINY. We're talking 0.003 x 0.004 x 0.004 microscopic.

You may want to know about this modified collada exporter for Blender 2.49:

http://blog.machinimatrix.org/modified-collada-exporter-for-blender-2-49b/

And yes, with Blender 2.5/2.6  one blender unit is now equivalent to 1 SL meter, so the shrinking no longer happens.

Hint for anyone who uses Jass-Pro or Jass-Magic: You have already the modified Collada Exporter. Installing it again from the above mentioned page will break your installation!

• 7 months later...

I have this issue, though I can't create mesh for the life of me, textures are my thing.  So i purchased a kit and worked on a texture and uploaded it and applied it.  I see it fine, if i open it, no one else does.  they just see a blurry color similar to the pattern but it never fully loads.   So reading all the responses here, is this an issue I need to talk to the creator about?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.