Passwords

Tolla Crisp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been using and buying linden dollars for 3 weeks now with no problem.  Now when I try to buy Lindens it asks for a password, which it has not done before, and it says the password is wrong.  Something else i norticed,  My name is Bengta Resident, but I had changed it to Cilla,  Now, when i am in my account, sometimes it says bengta, sometimes cilla, so I dont know if this could be related.

Please advise.

4 answers to this question

Your display name is just that, a display name and not what you need to log into  You can never change your account name, you can only change your Display Name.  You need to use your actual account name to log in. 

As for password, are you buying them through PayPal or using your credit card?

If by PayPal it will ask every time and if you are using a credit card and are having problems, log into your account from the http://secondlife.com site and buy them there from your account.

Your user name is Bengta Resident.  That cannot ever be changed.  You may decide to also have a Display Name, which is like a nickname in RL.  If you decide to do that, you may change your Display Name as often as once a week.  A Display Name is a convenience, a name that you would like your friends to know you by, but it can never be used for official things like logging in, paying your bills, buying L$, etc.  For those, you must always use your username.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.