starting a club

msstockings

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4494 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Will it be an adult club? If it is, buy some adult land. Otherwise find something cheap on mainland, get a cheap pre-built club from the marketplace, rez it, and you got yourself a club. From what I hear, they all lose money anyway, so you're probably not going to want to put a lot into it.

I hope you know that clubs are a dime a dozen (actually that's an understatement) in SL.  Very few clubs last more than just a few months.   The reason is that there are just so many and because of that it's almost impossible to get known by enough residents to make it worth while.  If you have deep pockets you can advertise.  Then the next problem you get is keeping people coming back.........that requires some theme the most people will find to their liking.  You're going to have lure them away from where they already hang out to your place........that ain't easy. 

I'm a firm believer that anything you want to do can be done.  The trick is knowing what you want, finding what others want, figuring out a way to provide both what you want and what your targeted customer base wants..........and then dedication and patience.  I've been involved in about 3 clubs that friends have tried to start up.........the all eventually failed (mostly due to the owner either running out of spendable lindens or running out of patience....or both).  One of the clubs was so niche I never thought it would work out (I tried to tell my friend that but he insisted so I went along with it).  The other two were the run of the mill strip clubs (of which there are probably thousands for your customers to choose from........and thousands of those clubs open and close every month).  It's not easy.  It's not even fun sometimes due to the work you have to put into it only to find that no one comes........that's where the dedication comes in.  After managing those start up clubs I decided that I could never start a club.........I have a lot of patience but even my patience is not enough (and, to be honest, I never was that dedicated to a club.........to the owner, yes, but not the club).

My advice is to find a job hosting at a club that interests you or is of the same type of club you have in mind for yourself.  Work your way into managing the club for the owner.  Pay attention to what is required to make your customers loyal enough to keep coming back.  Get an idea of just how much goes into making a club successful enough to justify keeping the doors open.  Then think of how you are going to create your own club.........start slow, think big, grow at a pace you can keep up with.  Don't expect people to knock your doors down once you open........actually expect many evenings of sheer boredom waiting for the first customer of the evening to TP in.  I had fun and met many good people but the clubs just didn't work out.  It's more work than you might expect.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4494 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.