Ooo they gave me a boat!

Eloise Baily

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4510 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really nice of LL to put up a new gift finally i just happened to be visiting one of the premium gift locations before downgrading back to basic and saw it had been updated the boat is very little use if you don't use V3/Firestorm/another mesh viewer yet if you can see mesh it's a lovely looking yacht

ah, yes, they gave me a boat which i just picked up today...rezzed it and saw a series of oddly textured boxes.  i don't use a mesh-enabled viewer and really don't want to.  so, not to look a gift-horse in the mouth but, huh????

/me shakes her head, rezzes the boat on the shore and starts a nice bonfire with it

Tini Jewell wrote:

ah, yes, they gave me a boat which i just picked up today...rezzed it and saw a series of oddly textured boxes.  i don't use a mesh-enabled viewer and really don't want to.  so, not to look a gift-horse in the mouth but, huh????

Might want to get ready to delete your account.

Pretty soon a lot of SL will be mesh.

Unless you go hide on a private 'no-mesh-allowed' sim, you'll see will be odd boxes everywhere.

If you don't like the gift fine, but you shouldn't expect them to hold us all back for you in making it non-mesh. Mesh is what is current for that kind of content now.

i didn't see this thread until i posted this one: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/Premium-account-Am-I-wasting-my-money/td-p/1278135

much the same subject. Wow! sl pays some on linden peanuts to build a boat wich then doesn't cost them any thing to pass out infinite copies ane we are supposed to be impressed???

Sharron Schuman wrote:

i didn't see this thread until i posted this one:

much the same subject. Wow! sl pays some on linden peanuts to build a boat wich then doesn't cost them any thing to pass out infinite copies ane we are supposed to be impressed???

just think of the kind of exposure that the creator gets..

if i were a creator i wouldn't be doing it for the lindens..there are lots of reasons..

look at how many came out when philip asked users if they could update his avatar..philip 2.0..

some just like to be part of sl in some way as well..myself i wish they would do more of this kind of thing with the users..

get back that feeling that they know we are an important part of this grid..

thats why i like the new CEO so much..he shows up and mingles with us from time to time right in these threads or even on his feed..

they lost that with M and it hurt SL a lot..

they need to get that back..because there are a lot of users that feel lindens should care..i'm not that immersed..but it would be nice anyways..hehehehe

Eloise Baily wrote:

Actually Sharron I AM impressed.

They didn't have to give me anything. Not a single iota, so as I said before, I'm not going to moan about it, I'm going to sail in it!

Yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum and all that.

P.S. I bought a parrot
;)

Yeah that! ^^

I have had so much fun already with the boat, learning how to sail - am getting there...!

A parrot eh...hmz......I may need one too!

nothing was said about holding back anyone or anything...but would it be that difficult for LL to provide a non-mesh version or similar gift for those who don't wish to or can't use a mesh-enabled viewer?  if the 'world as we know it' will soon be mesh all over, yeah, i probably will delete my account - no big deal, there are other virtual worlds, as well as real life in which to find entertainment.  as for liking the gift 'one way or the other'...it's hard to say since i can't see it properly.  the real point is that LL should be concerned about giving out something that others can't or don't already provide - why compete with your own customer base?  but that's for another thread  :matte-motes-asleep:

enjoy your day, Pussycat!

Tini Jewell wrote:

nothing was said about holding back anyone or anything...but would it be that difficult for LL to provide a non-mesh version or similar gift for those who don't wish to or can't use a mesh-enabled viewer?  if the 'world as we know it' will soon be mesh all over, yeah, i probably will delete my account - no big deal, there are other virtual worlds, as well as real life in which to find entertainment.  as for liking the gift 'one way or the other'...it's hard to say since i can't see it properly.  the real point is that LL should be concerned about giving out something that others can't or don't already provide - why compete with your own customer base?  but that's for another thread  :matte-motes-asleep:

enjoy your day, Pussycat!

maybe they are just changing it up some..the last gifts were in sculpts and prims i think..mesh was out then..maybe they just want to get a good variety going..i wonder if we can still get the older gifts as well or if those are off limits now..

i'm enjoying mine so much,,i never flew anything so smooth before..

so smooth that i bet it can fly itself i bet'cha =)

i

ok maybe this wasn't such a good idea way up here this high up!!!

i

*Gulp!!!* I wanna go back to BASIC!!!!! there is no place like basic!!!! there is no place like basic!!!!

i

there is no place like*SPLASSH!!!!* BAI..................................hey am i dead or did something actually work out? Oo oh nice..floats too..double profit..

he he he

i

omg did i leave the camera on and say all of that stuff outloud?

i

it's a nice boat yes..but i wouldn't want to live there  hehehehe

Jenni Darkwatch wrote:

Actually the creator shows as one of the moles... so... not much exposure for any creator. And personally I think it's how it should be.

I agree Jenni. There would only be talk of favouritism.

I'm having fun with mine. Even dressing up and taking the pic was fun. AND I got a new pet into the bargain. He's ace!

See how this works? They give us something and those of us who embrace it give the economy a little boost while we play with it. Where's the harm in that?

P.S. Great pics Ceka

Jenni Darkwatch wrote:

Actually the creator shows as one of the moles... so... not much exposure for any creator. And personally I think it's how it should be.

just going off of the comment i was replying to..

and you are entitled to how you think it should be ..i'll keep my way i think it should be as well..

ETA: before i forget..you should check the last batch of gifts..those were not from a mole..they were from The Loft *winks*

so it's probably going to be a little of both our ways  we want it to be hehehehe..see we get the best of both worlds..SL is getting better  hehehehe

Eloise Baily wrote:

Jenni Darkwatch wrote:

I agree Jenni. There would only be talk of favouritism.

I'm having fun with mine. Even dressing up and taking the pic was fun. AND I got a new pet into the bargain. He's ace!

See how this works? They give us something and those of us who embrace it give the economy a little boost while we play with it. Where's the harm in that?

P.S. Great pics Ceka

thank you it was fun making them..although when i was posting them up here my viewer lagged out and i lost my sailboat LOL

i'm sure they will return it in a few hours..i forgot what premium sandbox i was in when i was tooling around  hehehehe

thank god it's copy hehehehe

Ceka Cianci wrote:

God i wanna freakin parrot now too!!! for my boat YO!!!

Animania sells parrots. I've got one sitting on the railing of my house boat.

They have shoulder birds too. But not sure if the parrot can be a shoulder bird. Nonetheless - the maker of them knows how to make parrots and knows how to make shoulder birds that can fly away and return. So asking him/her to put the two together would not be too much of a stretch if not already available. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4510 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.