I want to make my own shapes - not just change them using the sliders in "appearance".

PraxisField

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

All shapes are made the same way.  Someone has to sit down and fiddle with the sliders, or enter the numbers from those sliders into an XML file manually.  A shape is a shape is a shape.  All you are doing when you create a shape is manipulating the dimensions on the basic avatar mesh that we are all made from.  Now, thanks to very recent changes in SL, you can make a mesh avatar that is entirely different, if that's what you mean.  If you want to do that, you are creating a completely new, custom mesh.  That's a very specialized skill.  Start reading here for the basics and then prepare to enter a very steep learning curve if you are unfamiliar with 3D modeling >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Mesh 

• Like 3

What do you mean, a transparent av? You can make any avatar "transparent" by simply wearing an alpha layer (or collection of alpha layers) that covers the whole body. I believe you can find a full body alpha, or at least several alphas that together cover the whole body, in your inventory in the "Library" folder.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.