Marketplace takes my money and doesnt deliver but maybe 10% of what I buy.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4518 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Babette Deluxe wrote:

where did  my post go?

Your post? Are you answering for your dupplicate thread?: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Shopping/Marketplace-takes-my-money-and-doesnt-deliver-but-maybe-10-of/qaq-p/1272009

In any case, see http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Shopping-in-the-Marketplace/ta-p/700195#Section_.3.4

Has it been more than 24 hours since you ordered? If so, contact the merchant, explain what happened, and politely request redelivery of the item. If it has been less than 24 hours, please be patient and check again later. If the merchant doesn't respond, you can submit a support case requesting redelivery. Make sure to include the order number and the exact name of the undelivered item(s).

Slow deliveries may currently be more noticeable because you now have a cart to which you can add multiple items. (This wasn't the case with the old Xstreet, which closed for purchases in October 2010.) Unfortunately, we can only send so many items at a time.

32px-KBnote.png Note: There are several interrelated causes that slow down delivery. We are hard at work on creating a faster and more reliable Marketplace system that will soon make Magic Boxes obsolete.

Undelivered Marketplace Items:

First of all, just be patient. The software for the marketplace is often unreliable and it may take anything from a few minutes up to a few hours for the item to arrive.

If, after many hours, the item has not arrived, just go to the Marketplace site and click on "My Account" under "My Marketplace" at the very top of the screen. You can see here if you have been billed or not by going to "Order History" on the left hand side of the screen. If you haven't been billed, it will explain that the money has been refunded and a payment of zero will be shown. The on screen notes will leave you in doubt of whether you have been billed or not. If you have not been billed, you may want to make a second attempt at buying the product.

If you have been billed, simply send the merchant a notecard inworld. (A notecard is more reliable than an instant message, as instant messages are often capped for merchants who receive a lot of correspondence.) Make sure that your notecard is polite and contains details of the failed transaction. Most merchants will be very willing to resend the item. Please give them a day or two to reply - don't expect an answer within minutes. You must remember that merchants are no different to you and do not sit by their computers at all hours of the day.

One final word, to reduce the chances of the problem occurring again, remember not to buy multiple items at the same time,as this may increase the chance of causing the software to fail. It's safer to buy one object at a time.

Good luck with your next purchase. Generally, it's quite an efficient way of buying specific products - just, don't expect it to be perfect!

This is getting ridiculous. I have personally bought 3 things and my money was never refunded. They are no copy items. The creator has no way of knowing whether it was delivered or not because it says 'delivered' on the transaction history. I also sell no copy items on the marketplace, and I am loathe to keep the items up, because if it has happened to me... it's happening to other people. I don't want my customers to go through this. 

Irene Muni wrote:

32px-KBnote.png
Note:
There are several interrelated causes that slow down delivery. We are hard at work on creating a faster and more reliable Marketplace system that will soon make Magic Boxes obsolete.

Oh, is this ^^ what is slowing Marketplace deliveries?  I've noticed over the last two weeks or so that Marketplace is so slow to deliver and takes about an hour from the time of checkout until items are delivered to me in my SL home.  I have to keep logging in and checking order history at least five times before the items arrive and it takes at least an hour, whereas items used to be delivered instantly upon next log in. 

An hour is a little frustrating, but to me it's worth the wait as I'd have to teleport to all those different places anyways and it would probably take the same amount of time. 

Mayalily wrote:
An hour is a little frustrating, but to me it's worth the wait as I'd have to teleport to all those different places anyways and it would probably take the same amount of time. 

I cannot say this often enough:  The BEST way to prevent these failed deliveries (or extremely slow deliveries) is to use the Marketplace as a search tool ONLY.  Find what you need or want on the MP but to go the merchants inworld store to purchase (if they have an inworld store).  There will be no delay in getting the products and it is also fun to see all the different stores!  You might just find something else you like! That's part of the fun of shopping within SecondLife!  You never know what you'll see or find!

You see...inworld shopping is dying a slow, miserable death because of the Marketplace and stores and malls are having to close down all the time because the merchants/owners cannot afford to continue paying tiers on sims or parcels that have no traffic (and no sales).  It's a horrible shame.  And we need to change our attitudes about where we purchase. 

Granted, there are some things you can only buy on the Marketplace now because so many inworld stores have had to close.  But when you find "See Item Inworld" in the listing...do just that!  Go see it inworld! 

when i first joined SL about 6 or so months back, i found the idea of marketplace very appealing, being a frequent user of amazon. I have since gotten a lot out of using it and its a fun past time to browse it.

However, in the last month or so i have seen its reliability take a nosedive and i don't know what has changed. Delivery delays, if the items arrive at all, of an hour or more. Missing goods and other problems....something isnt right with the system, its like it isnt being maintained and is somehow breaking down.

There is definitely a growing problem.

Dazler wrote:

Undelivered Marketplace Items:

If you have been billed, simply send the merchant a notecard inworld. (A notecard is more reliable than an instant message, as instant messages are often capped for merchants who receive a lot of correspondence.) Make sure that your notecard is polite and contains details of the failed transaction. Most merchants will be very willing to resend the item. Please give them a day or two to reply - don't expect an answer within minutes. You must remember that merchants are no different to you and do not sit by their computers at all hours of the day.

This is my cue to say that some merchants despise notecards, never want to see a notecard and wish that people would READ the profile where it says PLEASE, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF YOUR CHOSEN DEITY, DO NOT SEND A NOTECARD... NEVER EVER... NO WAY.. SEND A NOTECARD.  SEND AN IM BECAUSE IT GOES TO EMAIL.

For those merchants who take IM's and prefer then, they often collect on multiple computers in different locations, tablets or phones and can happily respond within minutes if available and redeliver from Marketplace.  Send a notecard and you might have to wait hours instead.

Read the merchants profile first to see if they have a preference.  There's really NO excuse to not set IM's to email for a merchant regardless of preferred method of handling.  Would you accept some of your post not arriving?  Phone calls not being received?  I didn't think so.  Nor is there any sensible reason for someone making transactions in SL to palm off problems with "MY IM's ARE CAPPED".  IM's continue to go to email when IM's are capped, why not do it?

Marcus Hancroft wrote:

Mayalily wrote:

I cannot say this often enough:  The BEST way to prevent these failed deliveries (or extremely slow deliveries) is to use the Marketplace as a search tool ONLY.  Find what you need or want on the MP but to go the merchants inworld store to purchase (if they have an inworld store).  There will be no delay in getting the products and it is also fun to see all the different stores!  You might just find something else you like! That's part of the fun of shopping within SecondLife!  You never know what you'll see or find!

You see...inworld shopping is dying a slow, miserable death because of the Marketplace and stores and malls are having to close down all the time because the merchants/owners cannot afford to continue paying tiers on sims or parcels that have no traffic (and no sales).  It's a horrible shame.  And we need to change our attitudes about where we purchase. 

Granted, there are
some
things you can only buy on the Marketplace now because so many inworld stores have had to close.  But when you find "See Item Inworld" in the listing...do just that!  Go see it inworld! 

Naw, not for me, sorry.  It's not my responsibility to help pay some creator's rent or tier.  I have a real life full of many interest, sl being just one of them.  I love Marketplace and will continue to use it for at least 80% of my purchases as it is a huge time saver for me.  It is very easy to see most of the items creator's have for sale on the MP, you just hit VISIT THE STORE and the other items the creator is selling are right there.

Why would I want to go teleporting all over the place if say I like 10 different items from 10 different creators.  Why should I spend all that time getting each slurl, telporting around, waiting for all those items to rez.  I enjoy a very full real life, and I enjoy MP as one of my favorite and time saving passtimes.  Again, it is not my responsibility to help a creator pay their tier.

ETA:  If you want people to shop inworld, then give them a good reason, such as buy 3 items, get the 4th for free.  You're going to have to make it worth my while to give up MY FREE TIME.  Why on Earth should I give up my free time and my real life for a creator I don't even know?  Make it worth my while, and I will go to your inworld shop.  Time is precious, and it is my own responsibility to create my life's happiness.  It is NOT my responsibility to help along a creator's happiness.  Real life stores are offering all kinds of sales right now and I am power shopper for deals in real life anyhow, so make it worth my while to give up my free time to shop inworld, such as the free offer I suggested above.  Otherwise, the responsibility of other's people's happiness and paying their rent is NOT any part of my responsibility, and I somewhat resent the suggestion of such.  To which my answer would be NO and I will accept no such "guilt trip".  lol

Mayalily wrote:
Naw, not for me, sorry.  It's not my responsibility to help pay some creator's rent or tier.  I have a real life full of many interest, sl being just one of them.  I love Marketplace and will continue to use it for at least 80% of my purchases as it is a huge time saver for me.  It is very easy to see most of the items creator's have for sale on the MP, you just hit VISIT THE STORE and the other items the creator is selling are right there.

Why would I want to go teleporting all over the place if say I like 10 different items from 10 different creators.  Why should I spend all that time getting each slurl, telporting around, waiting for all those items to rez.  I enjoy a very full real life, and I enjoy MP as one of my favorite and time saving passtimes.  Again, it is not my responsibility to help a creator pay their tier.

ETA:  If you want people to shop inworld, then give them a good reason, such as buy 3 items, get the 4th for free.  You're going to have to make it worth my while to give up MY FREE TIME.  Why on Earth should I give up my free time and my real life for a creator I don't even know?  Make it worth my while, and I will go to your inworld shop.  Time is precious, and it is my own responsibility to create my life's happiness.  It is NOT my responsibility to help along a creator's happiness.  Real life stores are offering all kinds of sales right now and I am power shopper for deals in real life anyhow, so make it worth my while to give up my free time to shop inworld, such as the free offer I suggested above.  Otherwise, the responsibility of other's people's happiness and paying their rent is NOT any part of my responsibility, and I somewhat resent the suggestion of such.  To which my answer would be NO and I will accept no such "guilt trip".  lol

Wow.  You're the first person I've ever met who is so vehemently opposed to going to an inworld store that you would get so upset at even the suggestion of it!  I certainly didn't mean to piss you off so much at the mere suggestion that you might visit a store rather than only use the Marketplace.

I read in your post then that you are fully a proponent of ALL inworld stores closing down, malls should be non-existent and any commerce in Second Life should ONLY be conducted on the website.  Well, I guess that's your right.

Consider this:  no matter WHERE you go in Second Life, you have to teleport to it and wait for things to rez.  I don't understand why a store would be any different than any other sim or parcel and why you are not willing to "teleport to, wait for things to rez" just because it IS a store. 

Paying tier is a necessity if you own or rent any sort of land in Second Life.  If you go to clubs and tip the venue, tip the DJ or the singer or the hostess, you are "helping them pay their tiers."  I guess it is just the lowly Merchants who don't deserve your patronage simply because they ARE merchants.  Wow.

/me shakes his head

The only reason I suggested you visit a store instead of using the Marketplace exclusively was because the OP complained that:  "Marketplace takes my money and doesn't deliver but maybe 10% of what I buy."  Buying inworld will eliminate this problem.  

But...you go right ahead and continue using the Marketplace and having these issues.  That's your choice.

I saw no guilt trip being placed on anyone here.  Of course your time is precious. If you don't want to shop inworld, then don't, no need to be defensive about it. 

I love shopping inworld.  The selection at inworld stores is usually greater than what is offered on the marketplace and often times I find freebies in the stores as well.  Some of my favorite destinations and music venues were discoveries made while shopping inworld.  

I want creators to be happy, I have a deep appreciation for what they do and I want to do all I can to encourage them to keep creating - without them there would be no content in SL. 

leyna wrote:

I saw no guilt trip being placed on anyone here.  Of course your time is precious. If you don't want to shop inworld, then don't, no need to be defensive about it. 

I love shopping inworld.  The selection at inworld stores is usually greater than what is offered on the marketplace and often times I find freebies in the stores as well.  Some of my favorite destinations and music venues were discoveries made while shopping inworld.  

I want creators to be happy, I have a deep appreciation for what they do and I want to do all I can to encourage them to keep creating - without them there would be no content in SL. 

Thank you, thank you, Miss Leyna! 

And you are correct.  I was not trying to serve a guilt trip to anybody with my post.  :)

Mayalily wrote:

ETA:  If you want people to shop inworld, then give them a good reason, such as buy 3 items, get the 4th for free.  You're going to have to make it worth my while to give up MY FREE TIME.  Why on Earth should I give up my free time and my real life for a creator I don't even know? 

If you went to their shops inworld then you would see their freebie packages, which they can't put on MP meaning you could buy no items and get lots of things for free.  Now your suggestion is catered for and it's better deal than you suggested are you going to go shopping inworld now?

It's an interesting - and perfectly valid - point of view that I've haven't seen expressed like that before.

The corollary is that there would be no shops in-world, but that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.  If the merchants knew that they wouldn't worry about tier either.

Somewhat cheekily though, I have to ask - do you exclusively use internet and catalogue shopping in RL too?  There is a slightly serious side to that question; if you DO go to shops in RL, what is the attraction they offer over having things delivered straight to your door and can that be replicated in SL?

Sy Beck wrote:

Mayalily wrote:

ETA:  If you want people to shop inworld, then give them a good reason,
such as buy 3 items, get the 4th for free. 
You're going to have to make it worth my while to give up MY FREE TIME.  Why on Earth should I give up my free time and my real life for a creator I don't even know? 

If you went to their shops inworld then you would see their freebie packages, which they can't put on MP meaning you could buy
no items and get lots of things for free
.  Now your suggestion is catered for and it's better deal than you suggested are you going to go shopping inworld now?

I get tons of free or 1 linden items on Marketplace, along with a lot of promo offers -- 99 lindens for pants, a coat, a pair of boots, plus jewelry, or 99 lindends for two dresses, plus shoes and jewelry.  Power shoppers know how to shop, and I will except no such responsibility for attempted guilt trips placed on those who prefer to shop on Marketplace.

Not to mention, there is no wait any longer as it's fixed and it was fixed yesterday.  I have people in my family who are sick and people in my neighborhood who are hungry.  That is what I care about and have my focus shifted too, not helping someone pay their tier I don't even know for crying out loud.  A lot of these threads are fake as I've been shopping on Marketplace since I got here and I've had about NONE I'd call failure.  They all delivered my stuff, and that was two times since March of this year.  I will focus on whom I need to help and that is my family and people in my real life who need help and FOOD for crying out loud.   All in all I've ordered over 10,000 items from Marketplace... um, I have all my sluff... so that was two failure and they redelivered my sluff.  So, where is the problem with Marketplace?  It doesn't exist, as I said, I've bought thousands of items on MP and I have them all. 

Marcus Hancroft wrote:

Mayalily wrote:

Wow.  You're the first person I've ever met who is so vehemently opposed to going to an inworld store that you would get so upset at even the suggestion of it!  I certainly didn't mean to piss you off so much at the mere suggestion that you might visit a store rather than only use the Marketplace.

I read in your post then that you are fully a proponent of ALL inworld stores closing down, malls should be non-existent and any commerce in Second Life should ONLY be conducted on the website.  Well, I guess that's your right.

Consider this:  no matter WHERE you go in Second Life, you have to teleport to it and wait for things to rez.  I don't understand why a store would be any different than any other sim or parcel and why you are not willing to "teleport to, wait for things to rez" just because it IS a store. 

Paying tier is a necessity if you own or rent any sort of land in Second Life.  If you go to clubs and tip the venue, tip the DJ or the singer or the hostess, you are "helping them pay their tiers."  I guess it is just the lowly Merchants who don't deserve your patronage simply because they ARE merchants.  Wow.

/me shakes his head

The only reason I suggested you visit a store instead of using the Marketplace exclusively was because the OP complained that:  "Marketplace takes my money and doesn't deliver but maybe 10% of what I buy."  Buying inworld will eliminate this problem.  

But...you go right ahead and continue using the Marketplace and having these issues.  That's your choice.

There are NO failures and the waiting is now a non "issue".  I said it was slow, lagging about an hour for about two weeks; however, I can make myself very useful in an hour's time.  An hour for which I can put myself to good use and use my time wisely.  I do not have to worry about anyone's tier on the internet I do not know.  I have a real life with real important issues.  I frankly do not care about anyone's "tier" payment.  That is your responsibility and your business; not mine.

About the best thing you can do is ask LL for a sale area of the forum so people can post when and where they are having a sale. 

Mayalily, I have to say that your post is possibly the rudest that I have seen on these boards up until now. Really? Because it doesn't happen to you it doesn't exist? Breathtaking...

The marketplace has problems. Congratulations on your 9,998 long streak of successful deliveries. Perhaps next time we are both inworld I can stand next to you and have some of your luck rub off. Maybe you could IM the many, many other whiners, tale tellers and fabulists who also believe the marketplace has problems and perhaps you could bestow your luck on all of us.

Sorry if my post is not ok, but your attitude is absolutely not ok.

Simerion wrote:

Mayalily, I have to say that your post is possibly the rudest that I have seen on these boards up until now. Really? Because it doesn't happen to you it doesn't exist? Breathtaking...

The marketplace has problems. Congratulations on your 9,998 long streak of successful deliveries. Perhaps next time we are both inworld I can stand next to you and have some of your luck rub off. Maybe you could IM the many, many other whiners, tale tellers and fabulists who also believe the marketplace has problems and perhaps you could bestow your luck on all of us.

Um-hum, and almost all the people I know inworld are happily shopping on Marketplace, along with the OP never returning.  Sounds like the person received their stuff.  I have been shopping on Marketplace from the beginning and will continue to do so, and will continue to care about the people in real life who are sick and the people who need food.  I gave you merchants a good business suggestion and it is too ASK FOR A SALE SUBFORUM.  You don't lay guilt trips on people if your business is failing.  People on Marketplace got it going on if you ask me, and just about everyone I know is doing fine with MP.  If you don't like the truth about someone trying to lay guilt trips on the forum residents and who doesn't know HOW to run a business and compete in the business world as not our problem, then I can't help you people.  Either ask for a sale subforum or get with the Marketplace program.

If you are having failure after failure, I'd say something is wrong on your end and you'd better check your machine.  I had tons on deliveries with two failures while running a computer under spec for at least six months, so you'd better check you machine or shop inworld.  However, someone's tier is not MY problem and never will be.  End of that discussion, as it never will be MY problem.  Go start a business elsewhere if you can't make it here.  Don't whine to me.  I have real life problems and people who need help. 

Mayalily wrote:

Simerion wrote:

Um-hum, and almost all the people I know inworld are happily shopping on Marketplace, along with the OP never returning.  Sounds like the person received their stuff.  I have been shopping on Marketplace from the beginning and will continue to do so, and will continue to care about the people in real life who are sick and the people who need food.  I gave you merchants a good business suggestion and it is too ASK FOR A SALE SUBFORUM.  You don't lay guilt trips on people if your business is failing.  People on Marketplace got it going on if you ask me, and just about everyone I know is doing fine with MP.  If you don't like the truth about someone trying to lay guilt trips on the forum residents and who doesn't know HOW to run a business and compete in the business world as not our problem, then I can't help you people.  Either ask for a sale subforum or get with the Marketplace program.

If you are having failure after failure, I'd say something is wrong on your end and you'd better check your machine.  I had tons on deliveries with two failures while running a computer under spec for at least six months, so you'd better check you machine or shop inworld.  However, someone's tier is not MY problem and never will be.  End of that discussion, as it never will be MY problem.  Go start a business elsewhere if you can't make it here.  Don't whine to me.  I have real life problems and people who need help. 

Meanwhile, your family is starving to death while you troll the forum.

...Dres

I don't have a store. Never said I have one. LL feels it is legitimate enough to create a JIRA for it proactively. I, like many other plain ordinary users, have problems with inventory not dropping in after it has been accepted. This has nothing to do with my computer, your clearly mythical knowledge of anything outside your tiny little bubble OR world hunger. Stop belittling such a serious and awful thing as world hunger by using the fact of its existence for your own self-aggrandizement. Expressing an utter lack of regard for anyone else's ability to sustain themselves in Second Life is a particularly poor partner to your expressed noble feelings about such grand issues. It's one or the other. You care about others or you don't. This is a forum. It is for discussing the legitimate and actual experiences, be they good or bad, of Second Life users. Your dismissive attitude and belittling of people who create, build and deal with endless small hassles in order to improve the experience of users they might never meet is one sided and mean spirited. Next time you are out enjoying your Second Life please try to remember that those great visuals and ideas come partly from those same store owners. Then again, perhaps if they all quit and go home instead of earning enough to keep building great sims, you can free up enough time to finally solve world hunger. Do please stop in with an update if that happens. Kk?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4518 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.