[Update] - Community Tools User Group

Linden Lab

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Reposting here what I stated in the thread "Until Further Notice"

"There is really no way to know what the different motivations people have for posting are unless they express them though in many instances it is possible to make educated guesses.  But then you are still only guessing.

I know what I desire in this Forum.  A place to freely discuss all things Second Life.  But because it is a business, Linden Lab in sponsoring this Forum can not allow it to be a 'free for all.'  So if we do not exercise self discipline, then they have no choice but to exercise discipline, what we know as 'moderation.'

While there are a few who may have their own agenda, their own bone that they want to pick, or who simply get their jollies by being contrary or cantankerous, I do think the majority of those who have participated in the CTUG and who contribute to Forum Feedback have the benefit of all SL Residents in mind.

We were not working to impose our ideas on LL but rather were trying to work with LL to make the Forums a better place for people to come to discuss and learn about all things SL.  And to its detriment, someone or someones at LL has insulted us. 

Some of us chose not to take this laying down and used the only means we could find open to us to seek redress.

Linden Lab has a choice.  They can either choose to train and employ people to answer the many questions that come up here or they can acknowledge how much of Second Life is based upon the concept of a Gift Economy and the contributions of those of us who are seasoned Residents and treat us with respect.

Linden Lab needs to look at how patiently we answer the same questions over and over and over again for new Residents.  Linden Lab needs to look at how much we contribute to its economic success by our participation in this Forum.

In exchange for this, in exchange for the contributions I make, at least for me, all I am asking for is to have also a place where I can discuss ALL things SL in a civil and considerate manner and to be treated by its employees with respect.  I think that is what the majority of us here want also.  I think that is a pretty fair deal for all parties involved."

Adding now to this I am going to echo what others have said here, when we see replies to our comments and suggestions, THEN AND ONLY THEN will we believe that we are being taken seriously.  Someone or Someones at Linden Lab doesn't seem to understand the concept that some of us may actually care what goes on here or else is laughing at us for caring.  We should have known better.  I guess you could say shame on us for holding out this hope.

Roseysun Galicia wrote:

Are you going to continue having the
?  Or will you close that meeting group as well and shift everything to the

Hi Roseysun - Good question.  You might want to ask that question in the Adult Forum.  I am  pretty sure there is an actual Linden in there to read and answer your question.  I am not sure how often they visit this one.

Cinn

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

Roseysun Galicia wrote:

Hi Roseysun - Good question.  You might want to ask that question in the Adult Forum.  I am  pretty sure there is an actual Linden in there to read and answer your question. 
I am not sure how often they visit this one

Cinn

And isn't that really a shame? :matte-motes-bored:

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

Roseysun Galicia wrote:

Hi Roseysun - Good question.  You might want to ask that question in the Adult Forum.  I am  pretty sure there is an actual Linden in there to read and answer your question. 

Cinn

Well, they have moved empty promises to Rodvik's feed - where you can't comment unless you are one of the inner sanctum and unlikely to rock the boat.

BothamFidor wrote:

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

Roseysun Galicia wrote:

Cinn

Well, they have moved empty promises to Rodvik's feed - where you can't comment unless you are one of the inner sanctum and unlikely to rock the boat.

Rodvik's feed, like the posts made on this forum recently by Linden Lab in the GD section are the digital version of the flyers I receive daily in my mailbox, fit only for wrapping fish scraps or lining the kitty litter bin.

Derek Torvalar wrote:

BothamFidor wrote:

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

Roseysun Galicia wrote:

Cinn

Rodvik's feed, like the posts made on this forum recently by Linden Lab in the GD section are the digital version of the flyers I receive daily in my mailbox, fit only for wrapping fish scraps or lining the kitty litter bin.

Save the World! Recycle Linden feedstuffs!

Roseysun Galicia wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion.  Posted the
as well.  It seemed odd that they would continue one User Group meetings and not another. 

There are things that can be discussed at the adult user group meetings that would be harder to discuss on the forums so I hope they don't close that one down, there again I find it disappointing that they've closed the community tools group too, especially as these forums have new sections added and taken away, that user group still had much purpose.

BothamFidor wrote:

Greetings from the Inner Sanctum.  

We sanctumites want you to know that your voice is heard.   Now, if you'll put your concerns in writing, and in the proper pdf file format, and attach it to an email, addressed to InnerSanctum@gmail.com, we will attempt to review your petition. 

Or, if you prefer, you can use the newest and ever popular SLum feed communication tool, known as "Pictures!"  If you opt to use the Pictures! feature, you must act out your concern in a series of SL snapshots, complete with appropriate poses & costumes.  Adding photo-shopped text also helps for clarification.  Think of those cartoon balloons and be creative!  Don't forget to have your alt or friends "like" your pictorial series, as this will get your Pictures! series trending, and then there's a remote chance that a Linden will see it. 

Happy Snapshots!   The Inner Sanctum looks forward to your unique and creative effort to gain a voice in the fray! 

P.S. Don't ask us how we got to be in the Inner Sanctum.  It's a complete mystery to us.

Kind regards,

Inner Sanctum member, and fellow boat-rocker. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.