[Update] - Community Tools User Group

Linden Lab

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4509 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Community Manager

The Community Tools User Group was created for input and feedback during the implementation of the Lithium community platform. Since this platform is now live, it makes sense to open the feedback up to the community as a whole. The best place for this is in the feedback forums where all residents have the opportunity to discuss and comment on topics. We will continue to collect this feedback from the forums and may conduct some beta user groups in the future.

Linden Lab wrote:

The Community Tools User Group was created for input and feedback during the implementation of the Lithium community platform. Since this platform is now live, it makes sense to open the feedback up to the community as a whole.
The best place for this is in the
where all residents
have the opportunity to discuss and comment on topics. We will continue to collect this feedback from the forums and may conduct some beta user groups in the future.

I thought people were already giving their input and feedback in this part of the forum. They have been giving feedback throughout the community platform since its inception -- at least from what I've read. I'm new here AS WELL and have taken the time to read/scan a bit of the back posts. I would hope that the good folks at LL involved in this aspect of LL would also have done that piece of work, since I assume that is also what they get paid for -- or so I would also assume.

As I read this post from LL it sounds like they have not, until now, paid any attention to the comments HERE in their own forums but only to those made in the CTUG. Is this true? 

I would suggest making this part of the forum more readily accessible. It is not obvious to find stuck off to the side like that.

Will someone from the Lab be in here occasionally to acknowledge that this is not a blackhole?  Will there be someone to, at times, respond to what is left here?  Can someone be responsible for disseminating information to the rest of us about what is being done behind the scenes? Or that SOMETHING is being done behind the scenes?  Can someone please give me the definition of transparency?  I seem to have the wrong idea about what it is and would appreciate clarification...

Cinn

Linden Lab wrote:

The Community Tools User Group was created for input and feedback during the implementation of the Lithium community platform. Since this platform is now live, it makes sense to open the feedback up to the community as a whole. The best place for this is in the
where all residents have the opportunity to discuss and comment on topics. We will continue to collect this feedback from the forums and may conduct some beta user groups in the future.

Thanks for the update!

I am all for Feedback collecting in a forum, no problem. However as 'feedback-giver' it would be nice to see some feedback returning, so I know someone is actually reading it and maybe even acting on it.

I do not even expect a reply on every single post, but it may be a good idea to give some sort of resume once per week with (short) answers on issues raised? Positive or negative, just to let us know we are not posting in a black hole.

Most residents that take the effort to post in the feedback forum mean well and have taken time to express their concern or raise valid issues.

I, for one, now have one question!

Where do we post  feedback about the SL Profile feeds?

Personally I consider this tool a 'community-tool' and it is by now a big part of my inworld communication and experience and in line with the forum.

I posted a whishlist, which is (without notification - so I lost it a bit) moved to the Technology Forum, while I can see in some points this may be correct...from my point of view, as a resident,  the issues raised were mainly about communication and community and not so much a Technology-issue for me.

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Where do we post  feedback about the SL Profile feeds
?

Personally I consider this tool a 'community-tool' and it is by now a big part of my inworld communication and experience and in line with the forum.

Thanks in advance for your reply!

I think that the obvious place is in Linden Lab's Profile Feed.

Father - Mad, yes, but not
that
mad - Jim

• Community Manager

Thanks everyone for your responses.

We do plan to continue looking for constructive feedback here in the forums and taking steps to channel that feedback accordingly. We hope to create and maintain a positive experience for all forum participants.

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

I don't mean to be a pain in the butt, but I think what many are asking for here is whether we will receive feedback on our feedback.  Generally people start talking louder if they don't think they are being heard, so I am just trying to figure out whether whispering or shouting is the better option.

No Cin, there will be no communication.

They will decide which feedback is 'constructive', 'channel' it and then 'create and maintain a positive experience'.

You won't see a Linden in here actually interacting with anyone on any issues.

They won't be entering into any discussions or debates as to how the forum is running, its direction vis a vis marketing and spam, accountability on moderation, or to help develop any ideas we provide.

One step forward two steps back.

And if we don't like it, in the words of Linden Lab, "Maybe this isn't the best place for you to be posting."

This is good to see!

I, for one, think that this IS the place in which feedback should be given.

NOT by mass spamming the CEO of Linden Lab, with supposedly altruistic, but REALLY territorial and guerilla tactics.. Obviously, I do not mean to apply this to all of the postings that happened on Rod's wall. Some were quite heartfelt and sincere, but that is NOT the place to do it. 

Nor do I think it should be relegated to the LOUD few that make it a point to attend the CTUG meetings, considering that not everyone CAN make those meetings.

I guess I would echo that  I would like to see LL make an effort to respond here, fairly often, in regards to feedback, while not bowing to public pressure to do as a FEW would see fit here.

Thank you for clarifying that the CTUG has not been suspended.  It is now closed and inactive.  I and others have posted to this Feedback forum waiting for more than the sound of crickets.

It would be helpful if someone reading these threads from LL would provide a summary of the feedback that has been taken up with plans for action.  We can assume that what you do not mention lies in a heap on the floor.

I second Caity's request for clarification on where to post feedback on the SLum (not necessarily of a technical nature).

Weekly or biweekly feedback posts back to us, the community, would be helpful....and transparent.  Pick a schedule and stick to it.

Short of that, would you be able to let us know how Rodvik/LL define transparency?  Just so we are all on the same page.

If you sense frustration in some of these posts (including mine), the reasons can be found in several threads here in feedback.

Thank you for listening.

Jolene Benoir wrote:

This is good to see!

I, for one, think that this IS the place in which feedback should be given.

NOT by mass spamming the CEO of Linden Lab, with supposedly altruistic, but REALLY territorial and guerilla tactics.. Obviously, I do not mean to apply this to all of the postings that happened on Rod's wall. Some were quite heartfelt and sincere, but that is NOT the place to do it. 

Nor do I think it should be relegated to the LOUD few that make it a point to attend the CTUG meetings, considering that not everyone CAN make those meetings.

I guess I would echo that  I would like to see LL make an effort to respond here, fairly often, in regards to feedback, while not bowing to public pressure to do as a FEW would see fit here.

What you would like is of obviously no concern to LL Jolene.

And you have a lot of nerve making demands here. 

LL does not have to bow to public pressure.

Why thank, Venus.

This caught my interest, after having been witness to a rather interesting weekend on the feeds. Oy.

I understand why some might consider posting endlessly to the CEO's wall effective, or attending CTUG meetings to be effective to have their voice heard, I also understand that the vast majority of SL denizens won't even post to this forum or know about it, let alone do those things.

An argument COULD be made that LL should listen to the loudest voices, but an argument could ALSO be made that everyone counts, not just a select few.

This is why I support what LL has decided.  That THIS be the location for feedback.

I just hope that they respond to everyone's concerns.

That is all.

Jolene Benoir wrote:

Why thank, Venus.

This caught my interest, after having been witness to a rather interesting weekend on the feeds. Oy.

I understand why some might consider posting endlessly to the CEO's wall effective, or attending CTUG meetings to be effective to have their voice heard, I also understand that the vast majority of SL denizens won't even post to this forum or know about it, let alone do those things.

An argument COULD be made that LL should listen to the loudest voices, but an argument could ALSO be made that everyone counts, not just a select few.

This is why I support what LL has decided.  That THIS be the location for feedback.

I just hope that they respond to everyone's concerns.

That is all.

After reading your post I decided to go and ask some representatives of The Silent Majority for their opinions.

This is a summary:

Fidor

Jolene Benoir wrote:

Yeah, you just MIGHT be have a vested interest in harassing the CEO of a major company, for what reason, I cannot fathom, except arrogance.

Most of the rest of us care deeply about this community of folks within SL, but not work to tear it apart.

What MAJOR company would that be then?

Fidor

BothamFidor wrote:

After reading your post I decided to go and ask some representatives of The Silent Majority for their opinions.

This is a summary:

Fidor

coffee-screen-smiley.gif

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4509 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.