Until further notice...

Venus Petrov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4518 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have seen the notice posted here informing us of the suspension 'until further notice' of the Community Tools User Group meetings.  We have been instructed to post comments and questions here.

My question is:  When will the meetings resume?  Short of that, when will there again be a dialogue with Lindens?  (not the Linden Lab Linden---that is like communicating with a bot)

I have not been convinced that any Linden is reading this Forum Feedback subforum.  Suggestions have been posted and received with silence.

I am disappointed.

Shortly after Rodvik took over, he stated he wanted to open this up more by having the staff at LL more involved with the residents.  Blondin took over his adult grid responsibilities and others did as well appearing to be moving in a positive direction.

Then, suddenly over night they appear to have reversed this idea of community participation.  Yes, I too am discouraged as it seems more and more like they could care less about what takes place as long as we leave them alone.  Much like our current political situation, we hoped for positive change and got more of the same.

Speaking as a natural leader, able to generate commitment and adherence to my philosophies from my followers, even when under severe financial and moral pressure, I recognise the technique originally base on the Monroe Doctrine, of closure of borders and a refocusing on existing natural resources, however depleted and lacking in immediate prospective improvement.

When your backs are against the wall, the only thing to do is to open a door, run behind it and barricade it against external forces, retrench, review and renovate your approach in the hope that either those forces you can not control in the outside world will have forgotten about you, or that whatever new attitude you parade on re-emerging from lockdown is more acceptable to the besieging force.

Signals can occasionally be sent outside in the hope that reinforcements might be recruited, although their arrival would have to be prompt or they might be deterred from offering assistance by the depth of the hole that the defending force might have dug themselves into.

Generally, as with the Alamo, emissaries will probably eventually have to be sent out under a white flag, to negotiate from a position of weakness, in the hope that the less culpable among the defenders might be offered safe passage, while the more entrenched may fight a final battle before their doom envelops them.

Or they could join me in THE Cult, and have their self-esteem elevated, and be offered personal advice regarding effective communications, with community comforts provided in a communal fashion contingent upon co-ordinated concessions to civilised continuance of operations.

We are serving coconut daiquiris on the patio. Join me.

Father - Mad? Not half! - Jim

If someone would just release a quick note (you can even lie to us) to let us know we are being heard.  Here are some ideas:

• We realize there are many resident concerns at the moment.  Please stick with us until we come up with some ideas to address these concerns...
  • Our staff is going through some re-education training at the moment.  We are attempting to transplant fairness and consistency.  I know you will all understand that this takes time...
  • We have decided to review all posts and disciplinary actions over the last 2 months.  This will be followed by some discussion and debate, some employees may be reassigned to other areas.
  • We lost a few employees due to the fiasco happening in the SLums.  A new position has been created to separate the 2 issues as the line seems to have blurred and our employee pool is being stretched too thinly.
  • The issue of where to hide the bodies of the scapegoats has recently come to light.  We will be unavailable for comment until we can create a statement that puts a positive spin on this mess and puts all responsibility firmly on the scapegoat.

You can continue the lie...  I mean letter by ending this release with something like:

We here at Linden Lab value our customer base.  All avenues are being considered to move forward in a positive way.  We want you to know we hear you and that your concerns are being addressed in an orderly fashion.  As always, our first priority is, and has always been, our residents' happiness.  After all, it is really you who created this world and it you who should be thanked for all your valuable input.

Pretty simple really.  Just let us know what is going on.  A little communication can go a LONG way.  Part of the promised transparency would be letting us know that something is being done behind the scenes - even if it is to tell us that you have no idea how to solve the issue.

Cinn

Just to clear up any confusion...  Nothing above has been stated by any employee of LL.  It is simply Cinnamon offering some ideas and feedback - In no way should you consider this as anything else.

As I stated in another thread:

I am really not surprised but disappointed.  It says to me one of or a combination of the following.

1.  They did not consider the ROI worth it.

2.  They don't care what we think.

3.  They are too embarrassed to own up to the mistakes.

4.  We (ok, I should have said some of us or certain ones) really pissed Rodvik off by ruining his fun in feeds.

5.  Someone in LL is trying to cover their butt.

6.  They have their own agenda they want to (actually are) implement(ing) which is different than our desires.

7.  They are possibly (probably?) clueless what to do.

8.  You can add to this list your own ideas...I am certain there are many other possibilities.

Maybe, just maybe, they got fed up with a vocal minority thinking that they RUN this forum, decide what is important during CTUG meetings and bombard the CEO's feed with turf wars.

A reminder.

This forum is open to all.  You may consider yourself a frequent user, but that doesn't mean that you have any more say than the person who comes here once in awhile to read, or ask a question.

This isn't your kingdom.

Jolene Benoir wrote:

Maybe, just maybe, they got fed up with a vocal minority thinking that they RUN this forum, decide what is important during CTUG meetings and bombard the CEO's feed with turf wars.

A reminder.

This forum is open to all.  You may consider yourself a frequent user, but that doesn't mean that you have any more say than the person who comes here once in awhile to read, or ask a question.

This isn't your kingdom.

You are absolutely right, Jolene.  This forum is open to all.  It has always been open to all.

Try brushing that chip off your shoulder.

Jolene Benoir wrote:

A reminder.

This isn't your kingdom.

I will be sure not to waste my time and energy if what happened to Celestiall ever happens to you Jolene. 

I hope you don't have any scripting questions. 

After all, the vocal minority should just mind their own business as it isn't any of our concern.

Jolene Benoir wrote:

A reminder.

This isn't your kingdom.

In all fairness, Jolene...

In my eyes, there are three types of posters in this forum.  The hit & run (where they come once in a great while to post seeking advice and leave,) the mainly lurkers (like yourself, that mostly read to keep up on followings and post once in awhile,) and those of us who make this our home away from home (who post daily.)

For the daily posters (myself included,) I liken the situation to RL.  In my situation, I am home all day.  I am the one who is confined to the home most 24/7 with a few hours out each week.  The hubby and kids are gone all day, at work or school, with other interests.  Because of this, my home is made most comfortable with me in mind generally since I am the one that gets the greatest pleasure out of it.

The same thing here with the forums...those of us who are here all the time, want to make the most of it, have it squeaky-clean running and optimized to its fullest.  It's only natural :)

I will agree with you about Rodviks feed...that was used and abused.  I saw the writing on the wall with that almost from the beginning.

There's no chip on my shoulder, Venus, in this regard, whether you want to see it or not.

This seems the most logical place to me, for LL to respond, hoping they do constructively, rather than in more private venues.

We aren't at odds here.  I think we both want what is best for SL/LL/SL'ers.

When I referenced the well-thought out opinions written upon Rod's wall, Celestial and Void's situations came to mind.

That is NOT the same as the bombardment of petty issues I ALSO saw there.  There IS a difference. Some think that they can have their demands met by simply posting to Rod's wall. 

It wasn't really the place to do it.

No basic disagreement here, Kylie, except that I would argue this is not our home, as much as many might feel comfortable here and enjoy each other's company.

It's more akin to a public space.

As such, LL sets the rules. 

I would HOPE that they would be open to feedback, which is all I'm really saying.

I just agree with them that THIS is the location to receive that feedback.

Jolene Benoir wrote:

No basic disagreement here, Kylie, except that I would argue this is not our home, as much as many might feel comfortable here and enjoy each other's company.

It's more akin to a public space.

As such, LL sets the rules. 

I would HOPE that they would be open to feedback, which is all I'm really saying.

I just agree with them that THIS is the location to receive that feedback.

Hi Jolene, agree with you about this being a public place.  Of course, in my analogy, we have control over the situation in RL, we don't have that control here, nor should we.  I was stating that it is natural for me to feel that way (can't speak for others, just myself) about the forums :)

IMO, the problem with having everything stated here instead of at a meeting, is that a rep of LL is not front and center.  They can, and most probably will, pick and choose from among here, what to address or not.  I believe they will be silent on most issues.

Going back to my analogy...if it was a battle for my hubby to fork over the $$ to make our home comfortable, the only recourse would be divorce. :matte-motes-silly:   Same thing with LL...one choice, do it their way or leave :( 

The only issue I have with the CTUG meetings is that only a select few have the availablity to attend. 

I think that this is much more open to all.

If Lexie is put at the forefront of communicating with folks here, I don't think that it would be a big issue?

If folks express their opinions, and are ignored, sure, it could become a big issue.

Jolene Benoir wrote:

There's no chip on my shoulder, Venus, in this regard, whether you want to see it or not.

This seems the most logical place to me, for LL to respond, hoping they do constructively, rather than in more private venues.

We aren't at odds here.  I think we both want what is best for SL/LL/SL'ers.

I was responding to your 'Kingdom' comment.  Thank you for the clarification.

Jolene Benoir wrote:

The only issue I have with the CTUG meetings is that only a select few have the availablity to attend. 

I think that this is much more open to all.

If Lexie is put at the forefront of communicating with folks here, I don't think that it would be a big issue?

If folks express their opinions, and are ignored, sure, it could become a big issue.

Folks have been expressing feedback here for awhile and it has been unacknowledged.  No response, not even a 'we disagree'.  No changes.  Nothing.  So, it is already a big issue.

It was never CTUG or this Feedback Forum.  The difference, as I see it, is that feedback at CTUG was pretty immediate and reflected in the meeting notes that were posted by LL and linked here by residents.  Here, feedback has been non-existent.

Jolene Benoir wrote:

A reminder.

This isn't your kingdom.

Are you lost, dear? Are you sure you are posting in the correct forum? gV is a little ways down the road; you can't miss it, it's the one with the bored-looking tumbleweed drifting past it.

Fidor

Jolene Benoir wrote:

Yes, I know that this has become a STRONG issue, ever since Lexie left.

My hope is that everyone will be satisfied with a face out in front, such as Lexie, who responds, albeit though she might not meet every demand.

Make sense?

The only 'face out front' here has been 'Linden Lab'. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4518 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.