Sign in to follow this  
madjim

New Role Play - THE Cult

The newest thing in Second Life - THE Cult.

I have started up, and am now going public with a role play called THE Cult which transcends the simple idea of getting a private tropical sim and hacking a town out of the bushes. That will be one aim, once I have collected enough followers who are willing to tithe their SL incomes and canvass donations from sympathetic organisations, so that we have the resources to establish a new virtual life of our own, away from the harassment of jealous intellectuals who do not understand the simple ways of THE Cult, and our desire to break bread together communally, and perhaps slip a few cocktails down.

The role play will not just be conducted inworld. There will be forum discussions on survivalist techniques and THE  Cult's philosophy of the outsider in a civilisation which rewards selfishness and greed. There will be Group IM sessions where we will enact rituals to bind all the members of THE Cult closer together and arrange clandestine meetings in deserted urban sims. There will be mutual appreciation threads lauding THE Cult in both private and public feeds, with our glory and selflessness displayed to encourage the recruitment of followers.

But most of all I can guarantee you personal IMs from myself, which will raise your self-awareness and self-esteem to previously unknown heights, allowing you to ascend to your personal heaven right here on this virtual sphere; I will provide instruction and encouragement in the ways of THE Cult, to prepare you for transition, to protect you from the ways of the venal insensitive bullies who disparage our simple pleasures, identifying those who might seem to tempt you with their intellectual arguments, and providing you with moral allies and the allied morale to beat them off. I will personally monitor your public efforts on behalf of THE Cult and coach you in our ways, advising you when perhaps you are wandering from the path of true commitment to THE Cult as you leave your previous aimlessly hedonistic life behind.

Does this sound as good to you as it has to any number of poor lost souls looking for redemption from their antisocial and even psychopathic ways? You may be surprised at the identity of some of THE Cult's most passionate existing members, who until now, until the right time, have kept a low profile regarding their status within THE Cult. They have found that they have to offer very little, other than total commitment, to receive the beneficence of the community. They have told me that subsuming their individual desires and accepting my direction has enabled them to attain heights of physical and psychic ecstasy beyond anything they might have envisaged before putting their minds, bodies, hearts, souls and resources at my absolute disposal. I will lead you to a better place - inside your own thoughts, outside your body, in a shared place!

Ask questions here or contact me via my feed for more information: my.secondlife.com/MadJim.Resident

Father Jim

THE Cult welcomes even the most cynical. We DO sell sanctuary, but you must voluntarily offer your commitment. This is not a venal transaction, nor even an exchange of power, but a mutual enlightening and uplifting empowerment.

If you are concerned that you may become the object of jealousy feel free to contact me privately, out of the sight of prying eyes.

Your own eyes will burn, will sparkle, even as the world tries to drag you down. Find sanctuary with THE Cult.

Father Jim

TriJin Bade wrote:

*coughs*, sounds more like Heaven's Gate

I'll stay in-world thank you very muchly.

:)

Heaven's Gate was much maligned to start with but did you realise it has since become the third biggest grossing western ever made - not starring John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart or Alan Ladd.

Father - don't call me Mad - Jim

TriJin Bade wrote:

:D

I was refering to Mass Suicide Cults.

Although after watching John Wayne singing... I get ... this.... feeling..... to.... ARGH!

I guess you are not too keen on Lee Marvin either then?

Father - I am NOT Mad - Jim

Being 100% Vampire and having spent my entire life in Vampire subculture, I can assure you that any minority community whose name or identity is played with in the way you unabashedly do is prone to do you violent harm. I never connected throat biting to THE cult history, you did that. I would have said the same to you if you had used and played with the identity of canines, nekos, furries, .. or even a race that allegedly doesn't exist. Yep, more poor vampires have teeth than guns, trust me on that. You would likely be bitten.

I can also assure you that my grandparents were no faery tale. And that they were 100% Vampire, and still 100% SL travelers. And that they didn't like being called batty. Not because it meant they had no life though, but because it implied crazy. You see, that's why some idiots think it's racist, because it implies crazy. Vampires avatars don't generally carry that baggage, that's old country bloodline prejudice. So if your Vampire pals are offended by being called biters, perhaps you should ask them; Is it because you don't want to be accused of needing blood, or is it because of assholes like that continue to this very day to play cult games with their name and identity by connecting them with drinking kool-aid.

Furthermore, I can promise you proof positive that I have been called human in real life for more years than I've been on the internet. And that I have never encountered a single charge of racism over it. Nor has Annie Lennox or any of the hundreds of other artists who have covered the 300 year old song by the same name. Nor did the singersongwriter from Brooklyn who performed and recorded extensively under that name for decades.

You see, it is only your mind that finds a sliver of history to suit your twisted needs and proclaims it to hold universal truth. Let me put it differently for you old chum, if MadJim ever came down my street and uttered the phrase "You ignorant Vampires are all the same", he would probably get his throat bitten. Feel better now? Do ya?

Say what you want folks, you all just dig the ditch deeper. You're plain ugly humans no matter what kind of convoluted story you contrive to hide your own sickness.

Friend Storm, I think that perhaps we have much to discuss. Perhaps a combination, then a sharing, of resources: you to have the night side and me the daylight?

Might we discuss the possibilities over a Bloody Mary at my feed sometime?

Father - Mad as in angry - Jim

Venus Petrov wrote:

I will pose my first question here:  Are you a Gypsy?

What's in a name? That which we call a rose. By any other name would smell as sweet.

I am a Traveller. I wish to meet fellow travellers on the road to a better place. Join me.

Father - Mad is as mad does - Jim

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

But, do you sell Sanctuary?

If not, I bet he is in love on Fridays.

Isn't that another Cure?

An antidote to the Cult.

I'm in, father jim. I will bring the Jack Daniels for the punch.

and yes, petrov, there will be bunny sacrifices, and stew. Not english stew, mind you! but proper welsh rabbit stew

Aristophanese wrote:

I'm in, father jim. I will bring the Jack Daniels for the punch.

and yes, petrov, there will be bunny sacrifices, and stew. Not english stew, mind you! but proper welsh rabbit stew

How many cases do you got my son? The rate for the first month of top table food and to get on the rota for the pretty recruits would be ten cases each. Buy in on the Sunday poker game would be the equivalent of two cases. Don't bother with the bunnies, there will be enough monkeys in the jungle for all the acolytes.

Father - Mad, you think I'd eat lapin? - Jim