Voice Morphing

Dazler

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have the updated Viewer 2 and I have used normal voice for some time with no problems.

I saw that the option of voice morphing was available and so I bought a month pack for 750 Lindens and the purchase went ahead with no problems.

I followed these steps: http://secondlife.com/landing/voicemorphing

There was a hyper link in my chat window when I paid the fee and I was asked to click on it – I did so. I have voice activated on my viewer and (since I am an elf) I bought the tiny voice pack. I can confirm that when I open the voice morphing menu, the set of tiny voices are all registered as being available for my use. The problem is, I simply can’t get my voice to morph – when I talk, my voice is not morphed.

I found these instructions online:

• Click the up arrow next to the Speak button to open the Nearby Chat window.
  • Choose a voice morph from the dropdown list below your name.
  • When transmitting, your voice is now altered by the selected voice morph.

... sadly, there is no "arrow" next to my speak button.

Are you able to help me by providing some pointers as how I should activate my voice morphing? Is there something extra I should do?

Thank you very much for any help you are able to provide.

Added as an edit: Ah, problemm solved. I hunted around the menus and found a voice morph "activate" function elsewhere. I think the lack of understanding was caused by the instructions by Linden Labs being for an earlier version of the viewer. Anyway, the problem is now solved. Thank you for replying. You may like to know, you can activate the voice morphing by selecting the word "communicate" in the menu bar. Navigate down to "Nearby voice" and then select the voice you wish to morph with. That is how I solved this issue.

5 answers to this question

The problem is not solved for me.  The voice morph option under "Communication" on my viewer simply cannot be changed from "No Voice Morphing" to a choice of one of the voices I subscribed to.  I have talke dot two chat reps.  They dont know how it works.  They said write a ticket, but I am not optimistic I will get an answer

Same here. There is no way I can find to turn it on.  "Voice Morphing Off" can't be changed. I don't even see options to order any. Does it only work on Wind.... I can't bring myself to say it. Does it not work on Linux machines? No matter how many times I click on it, "Voice Morphing Off" remains.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.