Property rental on Sim or Homestead

LilliAlani

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey,

I am thinking of buying land inworld although in a rental kind of way due to premium account situation.

The land I am considering is a sim with over 2000 prims that is called a Res/Com sim, does this mean I can run my shop from here as well as have my home but also rent the remaining property to another resident?

I read somewhere that there are a maximum number of properties on one sim and I have low prim homes (around 6 in total) can I do this or am I wasting my time?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Typically, a residential & commercial sim won't care if you put your home and business on the same parcel (property). Your best bet is to check the Estate Covenant. Read through it and it will give you a good idea of what is and what is not allowed on that property. You can find it from the menu: World -> Place Profile -> About Land -> COVENANT

If they do not mention subletting, it is more likely that you will not be allowed to rent out your land to another resident - you should check with the person you would be renting from to figure out what the policies are.

I'm not sure I understand the correlation between the number of properties on a sim and the number of homes you have. A sim is 65,536sqm, and it can only be divided up so much, so there is a limit. If you are only getting 2,000 prims, it is probably only a portion of the sim, since a full sim offers 15,000 prims and a homestead has 3,750 prims. If you have questions, talk to your prospective landlord so you understand what is possible on that property.

Hello. :) We have land for rent. We have residential and a light commerce only or purely commercial land. Basically our Homestead parcels are for residential and light commerce only. While our Full Prim parcels are mainly for businesses but could also be as residential and commercial. This really depends on the resident if they prefer to put up their home in a busy sim (considering this is a commercial sim). I guess it wouldnt be an issue if you as the tenant will be putting up your home and business at the same land. Just expect that it would have crowd nearby. But it really depends. Maybe we could talk in private inworld if you want so I could explain it further. 

Thank you. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.