oh no! another mesh thread! I finally found mesh I like.. post yours!

Jonna Korhonen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4523 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The Mesh love thread pointed me to two terrific clothing items. (Marianne Little wrote:
If you like the Oxford pencil skirt, you must visit Collabor 88 and get the dress from Ingenue for only 88 L)

Both of these are awesome!! It didn't even cross my mind to use mesh as a skirt panel instead of the full skirt. All the benifits of a system skirt that follows your movement and with snug fit of the baked layer texture clothing! Awesome! Two well manicured thumbs up!

Anyhoo. Now I am in search of more finds like these. Everyone who's found gems like these, please chime in!

Thank you :)

Such an awesome idea, isn't it? It's not even a system skirt, which makes the butt and hips look HUGE - it's system pants with the prim panel being mesh instead of prim! Ingenious! lol I adore my Oxford Pencil Skirt, though I haven't tried on my Ingenue dresses yet.

Mesh hair is pretty cool, too. Got one from Wasabi Pills - it's interesting how you can tell the difference between their first couple mesh hair releases and their newer ones. The first couple are stiffer, not as light and airy as the later ones. Moves so well without clipping through my shoulders or needing more than one attachment point!

Ariel Vuissent wrote:

Mesh hair is pretty cool, too. Got one from Wasabi Pills - it's interesting how you can tell the difference between their first couple mesh hair releases and their newer ones. The first couple are stiffer, not as light and airy as the later ones. Moves so well without clipping through my shoulders or needing more than one attachment point!

Oh, love that idea...will have to go get some!!

Yes. But. The majority of the grid are not using the laggy mesh viewers, be they FS or V3.  You look daft, therefore, to the vast majority of us.  Ponder that.

Myself, I am not changing to mesh anytime soon. LL needs to get the FPS rates up on the mesh viewers first , not to mention the fact some of the older prim stuff we all have is in many cases as good, and easier.

Ariel Vuissent wrote:

Such an awesome idea, isn't it? It's not even a system skirt, which makes the butt and hips look HUGE - it's system pants with the prim panel being mesh instead of prim! Ingenious! lol I adore my Oxford Pencil Skirt, though I haven't tried on my Ingenue dresses yet.

ooo! Stop it! lol! I just picked up the Orion hair at Wasabi Pills! I'm not one for long hair but I am liking this! woot!

I guess I should start posting some pictures :)

TY :)

Kasya Sciavo wrote:

Yes. But. The majority of the grid are not using the laggy mesh viewers, be they FS or V3.  You look daft, therefore, to the vast majority of us.  Ponder that.

Myself, I am not changing to mesh anytime soon. LL needs to get the FPS rates up on the mesh viewers first , not to mention the fact some of the older prim stuff we all have is in many cases as good, and easier.

Welp.. okay then. I *have* pondered it and to those who think I look daft.. big deal.

• Like 1

That's the one I bought - Orion. Then I went back and picked up Brrree too, because that scarf is just too cute!

Okay, I admit it - I have a problem. I need to start attending SA meeting - Shopaholics Anonymous.

That being said, here's me in my Orion hair; I've posted the pic before, but it's the one I have on hand. Plus, the top is also mesh, and pretty darn awesome itself.

Just Hangin

I tried on a few of the first mesh hairs, and just kept thinking "What's the big deal? Sure it moves with me, but it looks so lumpy and stiff! Nope, not for me." Stuck with my prim hair, then went back to Wasabi Pills to see if they'd released any more, tried on Orion, and fell in love. Definitely notable improvement.

Oh great, another phoenix is king derail. You are holding the rest of us hostage with your refusal to move with the times! Also, I don't buy "the majority" anymore. More and more people are moving to a mesh viewer every day. Soon there will only be you, running around wondering why everyone wants to wear donuts... :)

And yes, there are some fab mesh releases coming out. I am very fond of my new red cardi from Celoe! It's really gorgeous!

FIrst, I'll say I use a mesh viewer.  I think your post about those that don't are refusing to move with the times is ridicules.  Have you considered that a lot of people don't have computers that are capable of running the new mesh viewers and don't have the funds to go out an buy a new one with the economy in the pits?  I'm sure they'd be thrilled to upgrade to a mesh viewer if you'll like to buy them a new computer.

With time, people will go to mesh as their computers are replaced and the viewers are improved, but right now a huge number of people aren't. The majority of my friends haven't simply because they can't stand the poorly thought out UI of the new viewers not because they refuse to go with the times.  As soon as a good viewer that isn't laggy and has a user friendly interface is available, most of my friends will readily change..

No one is holding you hostage.  You have choices.  Your free to wear 100% mesh if you choose to.  Most people know by now that the lumps they see you wearing are mesh.  But if this bothers you,  your other choice is to wear texture/prim clothing.  If it bothers them, its not your problem.

There are now 3 viewer 1 based viewers (Cool, Singularity and the under development Astra) that allow the user to view mesh objects rendered properly.  No need for a new computer at all, just a change in thinking to use a viewer that has the same features that LL implements.  What if there were still viewers around that didn't see sculpties, as there were when they first became available?  Your point will be completely moot when the Phoenix team finally get around to adding that same code to their Phoenix viewer.  Then all people will need to do to keep the "majority of users can't see mesh" mantra is downgrade to Viewer 1.23.  :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4523 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.