What a " great" customer service

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4521 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So after monts of building im close of finishing my cruise ship. So i started to make cabins for rent . Im using a rental systeam that i gues is the most used in sl ( not sure if i can tell the name for it here). Im been using it for years.so basicly i set up the rentbox, connect it with windows and doors and noticed that doors didnt work. Basicly after tenant pays rentbox, he can manage the door for like 5. Min and than it stops responding to them. So first i tryd asking in theyr group.. What i found out that ther is no actual support people there only normal customers like me. So i went on the website. I made a support ticket and started waiting. After 3 days first message what i get was "are you sure you configured right?" , in the ticket i sayd that i check configurations hundred times SO YEAH IM TOTALLY SURE. After 2 days without any respons i started to chevk theyr support website and found out that if you dont pay for support they more or less dont care. Bevouse thoes cabins would bring me alot of profit it was important for me to get them working, so i payd for the support. 2days more i hade no answer. So i started to say what i think of this low customer service even after i have payd( when you pay,they promise that the longest time youl have to wait is 12 h) so after my anger message they replyd to me, if i can give them lm to the rentbox and they will check it. And again 2. Days passt and the box was untoyched and hade no reply. I was trying to fix myself so i used my alt to test the box. But i forgot to put the box back to rentable for them to test. Next day i sent another anger message, and after few hours they replyd that " yes, we tested your box and there really is an issue with it, i will submit it as a bug" . So how could he check it if the box was already in use? I waited for like 1 and a half week for lies, jut to make me shut up? + i even payd for theyr god dammit pro support and didnt get any real hellp.
I never have seend such a bad support and customer service.

Now im forced to put away cabins on my ship and work in - , just becouse nobody is interested in helping theyr customers.

I don't know the product, and I've never used rental systems, but, judging by the fact that a new renter can operate the door for only about 5 minutes, it sounds like the system isn't storing the key or name of the one who rents the place, but *is* storing the data of someone who is trying it out with a view to renting. What I mean is that, when the place is unrented, the system will allow anyone to exclusively operate the door for 5 minutes, to check the place out. But, when the place is rented, the key, name, or both, of the renter is stored and only that person can operate the door, probably plus the stored system manager(s). That 5 minutes of working does sound very much like a progarmmed, intentional time-out.

If that's the way it's designed to work, then, when the place is rented, the system isn't storing the person's details as the renter, but is treating him/her as someone who is merely trying it out. Then that exclusivity times-out after 5 minutes.

An alt could be used as a potential renter, to know if that's how it's designed to work - 5 minutes of exclusivity when trying it out with a view to renting.

Whatever the cause, I would try resetting the scripts to see if that corrects it. Have you tried that? If you do it, you would need the renter to go through the process again, of course.

Well i can set it so, when the rental box is free the door can be opened and closed by everyone. When a tenant rents to give commands to the door like lock/unlock or add sombody on the whitelist they need to touch the door and it will listen for a command for 60 seconds. Around 5 minutes it does that, after it just stops, but it still lets me do everything and when i check the tenant names on the door that should be able to operate it does say the tenant name.

Yeah i have tryd resetting, rezzing new one, getting the same update from the store, everything.

Can it be that the sim is lagging or smth?

I use the same system, have for years, support and upgrade ground to a halt over a year ago when Andy left, i stated in group chat that the system has not been updated in over a year, and is slowly self distructing and got thrown out of the group.  The best part is i looked up the profile of the person who tossed me, and it stated that if people he ejects PAY him a fee, me may consider adding us back to the group.  Friggin arrogant SOB.  

I don't think they current owner has the skill level needed to do any upgrades or repairs on the system, all the stuff marketed after Andy left is beyond simple.   The box's no longer comunicate properly, and as you said no one seems to care, as soon as there is a system close to it i and many other of there customers will be gone.

Rihanna Irata wrote:

Well i can set it so, when the rental box is free the door can be opened and closed by everyone. When a tenant rents to give commands to the door like lock/unlock or add sombody on the whitelist they need to touch the door and it will listen for a command for 60 seconds. Around 5 minutes it does that, after it just stops,
but it still lets me do everything
and
when i check the tenant names on the door that should be able to operate it does say the tenant name

You're its owner, so it will be designed to do that. It's not a clue, unfortunately.

So it does treat the renter as a renter and my theory goes out the window.

Since you've reset the scripts, and failed to get any support, the best I can suggest is to get another rental system. It sounds from the post above this one that the person who runs it now only wants money, and is unable to sort problems out.

I would personally recommend Casper Warden's system. Very low lag, less scripts and a very friendly person too.

Although, a better option would be if Linden Lab actually made a rental system built into the region and viewer, allowing parcel control, privacy, etc. Thus peace of mind about having all your records and historical data on the prime source of where your income is - in Second Life.

Ah, but I can dream can't I... this is the land of fantasy. :P

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4521 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.