Viewer crashes.. (PH)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4514 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hellos.... Hi I had to do a windows restore back 14 days from the28th to the 14th. THe Pheonix viewer goes to the logging in.(screen).. then next messgae processing response and crashes out.. after 4 reinstalls ... forgets to dumb the HD cache.. grrrr 2 clean installs.. still getting same message.. Both Firestorm and SL V.2 work fine but a little tough on a laptop..

should I

1. see if the graphic card driver need updating

2. do total clean install on viewers

Thank you for your time

J

I don't know what's wrong, but I am having viewer problems, too.  The LL production viewer started crashing whenever I tried to open it, I think after the last update.  Because of that, I swithed to the LL beta viewer, which worked fine until three days ago.  Then, all of the buttons disappeared, and it started crashing whenever I would click on any menu.  Deleting the C:\Appdata\User\Roaming\SecondLife and C:\Appdata\User\Local\SecondLife had no effect on either.  I installed the Firestorm release viewer, and, so far, it's working fine.

To get good technical help in the forum you need to give us your system's specs. Click About->Help and copy the info and paste it here.

Without knowing which viewer you were using, we can only guess at what may be your problem. In help about we need the first line of About to know the viewer: Second Life 3.2.4 (245711) Nov 23 2011 11:36:06 (Second Life Development). 

There are driver issues depending on which video card is used. nVidia Driver GTX 460 Problems

Also, before you start ripping things appart and doing system restores, ask what is up. Check Second Life Grid Status Reports for known problems. I assume that report runs at least 1 to 4 hours behind the problem starting.

If the (PH) is to denote you are using Phoenix... that still does not tell us which version. 

• 3 weeks later...

've been having problems with crash logger, but my machine is good. connection to the Internet or both, but I can do everything in world without problems, this update to the official viewer for me. after the upgrade, crashs occur constantly and there is a kind of bug when I approach other avatars, this happens to mine too.

captured screen several times to show this problem, see the following link:

problems in view, follow the link: 

formed with primitive bows around the avatar :/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4514 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.