Is this a good product?

Usive

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was wondering if this looks like a good product to you, because someone who's never used it basically said it was missleading because it says it works like an actual OS.

It is not misleading, it does exactly what it says, I am not exagerating, and I spent a lot of time on the main picture and I personally think it looks good.

Though I am concerned about how I priced it.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Kywazi-Model-PowerBook-Laptop-Really-Works/2926731

I think you perhaps need to choose your words slightly more carefully, as an old timer who knows whats possible here I wouldn't be confused by this, but I can see how someone with less experience might.

The phrase which leads to confusion for me is 'a fully functional laptop' , A fully functional laptop is just that, a laptop with the full set of functions you would expect from a laptop and although this is very functional I think its a bit misleading to call it fully functional.

A better approach might be to say something along the lines of, this isn't just another 3D Model of a laptop, I've packed it with functions to make it as useful as a real one. Then you are still bigging it up, but it's clear it's like a real one and not actually a real one.

I would also question your use of the Windows 7 Logo, this suggests the product uses Windows 7, and almost certainly breeches Microsoft's Trademark rules.

Apart from this I don't think you are exagerating, and it certainly looks like a good product : )

Except of that the thread is (for my opinion) in wrong category and the important Trijin's remark about listing / branding guidelines i have a question. Why someone to spend 500L$ for this product when he can get a web browser (with all these features / facebook, twitter, youtube, maps etc) just 1 prim and a radio also for free?

LoveAngeL Lyre wrote:

Except of that the thread is (for my opinion) in wrong category and the important Trijin's remark about listing / branding guidelines i have a question. Why someone to spend 500L$ for this product when he can get a web browser (with all these features / facebook, twitter, youtube, maps etc) just 1 prim and a radio also for free?

Simple, because they want a cool looking device to perform those functions inworld, you could just as easily say, why would someone spend L$500 on a dress when your avatar comes with a load of free clothes.

I like your answer, it made me smile... And I can charge 500 because I spent a lot of time finding bugs that arrise when you bring such a device into SL, writing instructions on how to avoid these, trouble shooting some for the buyer before hand, am continuing to improve it and send previouse buyers the updates, because not everyone is capable of building even a simple version, the time I spent on photoshop, and the fact that I personally help people when they have issues setting it up...

And because I am just awsome ^^

Also... I put the windows 7 logo on there because it emulates windows 7, just like I put the youtube, facebook, and twitter insignias on there. I say very clearly in the discription that it is Silveos cloud technology being used to emulate windows 7.

I do agree that perhaps the Fully Functional Part is missleading and I see your point. This was my first marketplace posting so I am still learning the ropes and appreciate all of the comments, positive or negative, and hope to make some of the suggested changes when I update and repost the product in the near future.

Also... I put the windows 7 logo on there because it emulates windows 7, just like I put the youtube, facebook, and twitter insignias on there. I say very clearly in the discription that it is Silveos cloud technology being used to emulate windows 7.

This isn't so much about misleading customers as it is about avoiding litigation, do you have microsoft's permission to use the Windoze 7 Logo in your advertising? If you don't LL are quite likely to remove your listing for Trademark violation, and Microsoft could pursue you in the courts. It may sound far fetched but it can and does happen here. Also ask yourself, is the prescence of that logo likely to increase your sales?.

Keep up the good work Dude, but read the rules and stay on the right side of them. 

I can definietly understand the idea behind this product. The main picture looks good and shows the product like a real world laptop ad would. There are a few things that (has been mentioned already, but are still there), that may be an issue.

- The use of Microsoft Windows 7 in the picture. It may be better to perhaps come up with your own name and not name it something that is already trademarked to avoid removal or further legal problems.

-The use of the Dell brand. The same issue as above.

-The use of Windows 7 or Microsoft or any other trademarked name in the keywords (when filling out your description) field may be subject to removal of the item and because possible legal issues.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.